- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Theo Wanne GAIA 3 Hard Rubber Soprano Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #L72226 000001000 L72226000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The GAIA 3 soprano mouthpiece has revolutionized the soprano world. It has modern projection, but also a full, rich, fat and robust sound only found ...Click To Read More About This Product
A vintage-style mouthpiece built with modern technology for today's players.
The GAIA 3 soprano mouthpiece has revolutionized the soprano world. It has modern projection, but also a full, rich, fat and robust sound only found in a large chamber mouthpiece. The GAIA 3 has been further updated with the proprietary Shark-Gill Baffle and new baffle design, for far more core and body to sound, while maintaining the big warm traditional sound the GAIA is known for.
For decades, musicians asked Theo for the perfect large chamber soprano mouthpiece. He modified vintage Buescher and Slant Otto Link vintage mouthpieces. Each of these had wonderful characteristics, but none were the 'whole package', so Theo designed the GAIA 3. The feedback has been overwhelming from many players who finally found the mouthpiece that gives them the sound they always desired.
"And there it is! The soprano piece I've been longing for all these years! It sings in all registers, pp - ff, in tune, open yet focused, and fat sounding like a sax should be. The GAIA soprano is stunning, and suits me perfectly!" - Jan Garbarek (Keith Jarrett, George Russell, Grammy Nominee, 31 Internationally Acclaimed Albums)
The GAIA 3 still uses a True Large Chamber, like most vintage soprano mouthpieces made in the first half of last century. However, those mouthpieces combined a large chamber with a low baffle and floor configuration, which made good classical mouthpieces, but never really worked for contemporary playing. The GAIA 3's unique design opens up a whole new world for the soprano saxophone. It maintains the 'vintage' beauty of sound, but adds depth and versatility never before possible.
Like all Theo Wanne mouthpieces, they are manufactured with accuracy higher than any other mouthpiece, vintage or new, and uses the highest quality materials. The GAIA 3 is truly revolutionary in bringing the vintage sound up to date both in design and construction.
- Modern projection with a full rich, fat, and robust sound never before heard from a soprano mouthpiece
- Revolutionary in marrying the benefits of vintage design and modern construction
- Includes True Large Chamber
- Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip
- Perfectly sculpted roll-over baffle
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
A hard rubber mouthpiece you'll love having in your arsenal. Order today.
- Case: Leatherette
- Serial Number: Includes serial number
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber
- Ligature: Includes the Enlightened Ligature
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads