- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha 821 Custom Bassoon
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J08276 000001000 J08276000001000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
The YFG-821 was designed for players who prefer a great degree of tonal flexibility. It is designed for soloists and others who desire maximum capabi...Click To Read More About This Product
The YFG-821 was designed for players who prefer a great degree of tonal flexibility. It is designed for soloists and others who desire maximum capability to adapt their sound to different performance situations. The bassoonist's role can vary widely depending on the material and the environment, and as such, his or her timbre must likewise adapt to the sometimes disparate requirements of the literature. Picture a chamber setting playing Mendelssohn relative to a symphony orchestra playing Mahler. The YFG-821 is at home in either environment and in any other you can imagine. Whether in a featured soloist role or in a larger ensemble constext, this is an instrument that excels, and merits consideration by any serious player.
Advanced design techniques and skilled Yamaha engineers have resolved intonation problems and tone quality inconsistencies traditionally associated with bassoons. Yamaha has created a bassoon that allows the artist to control the most subtle tone shadings in the most delicate passages, while opening up the sound beyond traditional limits.
- Bassoon Bocals Made of sheet nickel silver (0.6mm) and silver-plated
- YAC FGB-N1 Bassoon bocal, short
- YAC FGB-N2 Bassoon bocal, long
- YAC FGC-821N Wooden bassoon case
- YAC 1054P Bassoon swab
From small chamber groups to full orchestras, the YFG-821 responds to you.
- Level: Custom; "Pre-war" model
- Key of: C
- Key System: Heckel
- System: Gentleman compact (YFG-821C)
- Wall Thickness: Thinner; larger bore
- Roller Keys: F & Ab ; Ab & F# ; low Eb & low C#
- Features: C plate; High C key; High D key; 2 bocals; Hand crutch; Neck strap
- Body Material: Long seasoned maple
- Key Material: Nickel silver
- Plating: Silver
- Tone Holes: Undercut; Silver tubes available
- Thumb Rest: Fixed
- Trill Keys: F-G (high E key); E-F#
- Spring Type: Blue steel
- Options: Bb key guard; Joint hinge; Balancer; RH pp slide system; A pp arm connecter
- Roller Options: C# ; pp lock; F# lever; Bb key; E
- Trill Key Options: LH Eb ; RH Eb ; C; D
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.