- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YAS-82ZII Custom Series Alto Saxophone
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- #J13661 000002000 J13661000002000
6-Month* financing available.
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
On the 10th Anniversary of their introduction, the Custom Z saxophones have been reexamined from neck to bell. They now offer the ultimate combinatio...Click To Read More About This Product
The gold standard reimagined.
On the 10th Anniversary of their introduction, the Custom Z saxophones have been reexamined from neck to bell. They now offer the ultimate combination of expressiveness, response and control while staying true to their free-spirited origins. Since the Custom Z was developed in 2003, the technology, craftsmanship and specifications of the Custom Z series have continued to improve to fulfill the needs of the highest level musicians. The Yamaha YAS-82ZII alto saxophone is a preferred horn for the working professional. The list of new features is impressive.
One-piece bell with new engraving
In the tradition of those coveted vintage saxophones, the 82Z now comes equipped with a one-piece bell! This feature drastically improves low end response and offers the player a wider palette of tonal color. More elaborate with finer detail, the new engraving design offers delicate beauty.
Domed metal resonators offer an outstanding response and deliver a wider dynamic range. The entire range of the instrument has a clearer pronunciation, providing effortless playability all around.
The wide bore taper of the V1 neck provides offers a free-blowing feel and the greatest possible flexibility. This combination of features allows the player the ultimate level of tonal expression.
Improved Low B-C# connection
An improved mechanism from low B to C# ensures a proper seal for these notes which promotes a clear response throughout the low range of the instrument.Lighter thumb hook and thumb rest basesLighter thumb rest and thumb hook base designs produce better response and a more cohesive tone.
Adjustable Front F key
An adjustable Front F mechanism gives the player the freedom to find the optimal level of resistance in the altissimo range.
Z Style Case
The 82Z saxophones come in slim, lightweight cases which provide excellent protection. A convenient shoulder strap is also included.
NOTE: Please note that un-lacquered necks will develop a patina over time that will not necessarily match the aesthetics of your current saxophone.
- Free and open tone with complex color
- Lightning fast action
- Beautiful design and engraving
- Market tested and reliable
- Hard case included
Order today and experience the Z difference that thousands of players already understand.
- Auxiliary Keys: High F#, Front F
- Key buttons material: Mother of pearl
- Bell Decoration: Hand engraved
- Thumb hook: Adjustable
- Key: Eb
- Included Accessories Mouthpiece AS4CM, Case ASC-820
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.