- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
Yamaha YOB-841 Series Oboe Grenadilla
American Bore, Ebonite Lined Upper Joint
- Write a Review
- Questions & Answers
- J08937 000001000 J08937000001000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
Yamaha oboes achieve a clear sound quality and superb intonation by dramatically improving the precision and stability of the bore. Also to cope with...Click To Read More About This Product
Graduate to Yamaha
Purchase a qualifying instrument between April 1 and June 30, 2019 to receive a $100 mail-in rebate.
Offer expires 06/30/19Download Rebate
6-Month* financing available.
Resists cracking, sounds great.
Yamaha oboes achieve a clear sound quality and superb intonation by dramatically improving the precision and stability of the bore. Also to cope with various durability issues inherent in wooden wind instruments, Duet+ models employ innovative techniques to form a protective layer next to the air column. The combination of precious wood and state-of -the-art resin is not simply a "Duet" of tradition and technology - it's a "Plus" advantage. The YOB-841L is a brilliant expression of this combined art and technology.
The upper joint body is drilled out slightly larger, where a thin ebonite pipe with an oboe bore is adhered. Ebonite is an excellent material for wind instruments, as is proven with top-grade mouthpieces for saxophones and clarinets as well as bassoon liners. Much knowledge was derived from our own bassoon manufacturing, and with further engineering, Yamaha successfully developed oboes with the reliability and warmth of wood.
Every tone-hole (except metal octave vents) is lined with POM resin for air-tight, stable contact between each pad. In the rare event that the wood should crack, the damage to the tone-hole profile and intonation would be minimal thanks to the inserts.
The trademark logo is engraved on the back of the upper joint.
- Elaborately equipped keywork
- Great sound
- Durable through humidity and temparature changes
- Case included
- System: Conservatoire (semi-automatic octave system)
- Bore style: American
- Key systems: Identical to models without the 'L' suffix
- Mechanical features: Left-hand F key, Fork F resonance key, Low Bb resonance (vent)
- Trill keys: Low B-C#, low C-Db, C#-D#, D#-E, F#-G#, G#-A, Ab-Bb, A#-B, B-C#, left C-D, right C-D
- Pads: 9 cork, 14 felt pads
- Body material: Grenadilla Ebonite Inner-pipe (upper joint)
- Key materials: Silver-plated nickel silver keys
- Toneholes: POM resin (except metal octave vents)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.