- Product 271096
sE Electronics IRF Instrument Reflexion Filter
- Write a Review
The Instrument Reflexion Filter (IRF) incorporates much of the award-winning innovation of its bigger brother, the Reflexion Filter. It consists of a...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Portable, affordable Reflexion Filter technology
The Instrument Reflexion Filter (IRF) incorporates much of the award-winning innovation of its bigger brother, the Reflexion Filter. It consists of a small curved wall of punched aluminum with three layers of polyester fiberboard separated by air gaps. This combination effectively reduces room ambiance and isolates the mic from ambient noise.
Using a 12" gooseneck arm, the 1.5 lb. IRF easily attaches to any microphone stand. A 1-1/4" mounting provision allows a pencil mic or other small-diaphragm end-address microphone to be positioned through the center of the arc. This is especially useful when close miking drums (to help with track separation) or overhead miking. The IRF is ideal for use with pianos, drums, percussion, guitar amplifiers, and wind instruments.
- A smaller, more portable version of the Reflexion Filter-- the IRF incorporates many of the same innovative and award-winning features in a conveniently sized package
- Suitable for all of the areas where the original RF would not fit
- Isolates the microphone using three layers of polyester fiberboard separated by air gaps as well as a punched aluminum wall for diffusion
- Includes a provision to mount small diaphragm pencil mics through the center of the arc
- Brings tighter, punchier, and more detailed character to any recording
- Actual Weight: 1.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 7.75" width x 7.5" height x 4" depth
- Hole Diameter: 1.125"
- Arm length: 12"
- Warranty: 2 years
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I was buying this just to help improve my quality because I don't have a professional sound-proofed booth and it made a noticeable difference. It's probably not as good as it's $300 counter-part but if you are just an artist looking for better sound quality in general then I'd recommend it!