- Product H74728
Ashdown ABM 900 EVO III 575+575W Dual Power Stage Bass Amp Head
- Write a Review
The ABM 900 EVO III is a 575+575 watts RMS bass amp head designed to satisfy both bass-purists and tech-heads alike. Three straightforward rotary ton...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Huge power with all the controls you need to tame it!
The ABM 900 EVO III is a 575+575 watts RMS bass amp head designed to satisfy both bass-purists and tech-heads alike. Three straightforward rotary tone controls provide 20dB of cut and boost at 60Hz, 660Hz and 5kHz, and are supplemented by two pairs of additional sliders giving 15dB cut and boost at 180Hz, 340Hz, 1.3kHz and 2.6kHz. The EQ can be switched in/out by a footswitch, enabling players to go from a flat fretless sound to a boosted sound via a favourite EQ setting. A single input is switchable for passive and active instruments with a blend of solid state and dual triode tube preamps stages which can be preset and selected by footswitch, providing access to a massive range of clean, warm and overdriven tones.
Also footswitchable is the on-board compressor and the mighty Ashdown sub-harmonic generator which precisely tracks the main signal and reproduces it an octave lower. A sub-harmonic level control enables the player to add just the right amount of low-end reinforcement - everything from a subtle, thickening of the sound to unbridled, bone crushing tone. The ABM 900 EVO III features a front-panel mounted balanced DI out with pre or post EQ switching, a sub-bass output, a tuner output, an FX loop and a line input for the connection of an external sampler or sound source. Output muting cuts the signal from the DI output but leaves the tuner output 'live', allowing the player to tune up in silence. A new upgraded power section has faster transient attack, more headroom and even less noise.
- 2x575W RMS output
- Extensive, footswitchable EQ section with three rotary controls plus two pairs of additional sliders
- Switchable active/passive input
- Solid state and dual-triode tube preamps, selectable by footswitch
- Footswitchable compressor and Ashdown sub-harmonic generator
- Front-panel balanced DI out with pre/post-EQ switching
- Sub-bass and tuner outputs
- Effects loop
- Line input
Serious power and tone for the most demanding bassists. Call or click to buy now!
ABM 900 EVO III 575+575W Dual Power Stage Bass Amp Head
- Frequency Response: -3dB at 17Hz and 30kHz
- Speaker Outputs: Minimum impedance 4 Ohms
- High Instrument Input: Impedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV - 20mV p-p
- Low Instrument Input: Impedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p
- Line Input: Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal
- Sub Output: Impedance 1k Ohms, level 0dBu Nominal
- DI Output: 600 Ohms balanced, level 0dBu nominal
- Tuner Output: Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
- Bass +/-15dB @ 45Hz
- Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz
- Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving
- Slider 1 +/-15dB @ 180Hz
- Slider 2 +/-15dB @ 340Hz
- Slider 3 +/-15dB @ 1.3kHz
- Slider 4 +/-15dB @ 2.6kHz
- Shape (Push Flat) +8dB @ 50Hz & 4kHz, -8dB @ 400Hz, filter slope - 6dB/octave
- Effects Send Impedance 22k Ohms, level 0dBu nominal
- Effects Return Impedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu Nominal
- 24"W x 6-1/4"H x 14"D
- 62 lb.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Ashdown ABM 900 EVO III 575+575W Dual Power Stage Bass Amp Head:
Very, very good amp. Ive played through ampegs costing twice as much as this one and the features & tone whither in comparison to this. If your looking for a high power great sounding amp go with this one. You will definitely not regret it.
This head has TOTAL tone control. You got your bass, mid lows, etc... Very responsive and comprehensivde eq. Ashdown totally got it right with this one. It tends to favor the bassier side of the spectrum but a little time and care will fix that. Also, if your looking to play a small to medium sized venue, this is NOT for you. This thing is a super heavy hitter, in those situations you wouldnt play past 1/2 of 1 on the volume. You'd be much better off buying the little brother (abm 500)
Very sturdy build, nice leather-ish handle. The input jacks are solid and crisp and the knobs have a nice resistance to them. ALSO you will have more than enough fire power for any gig. With this bad boy you can power 2, 810, 4 ohm cabs at full blast and it wont even flinch.
For an amp of this magnitude and sound quality, its a downright steal.