- Product 150156
Guyatone Ultrem Optical Tremolo Effects Pedal
- Write a Review
With optical circuitry based on the classic amp tremolo circuits of yesteryear, the Ultrem Optical Tremolo takes the tone of those legendary units an...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
From classic to space age, you'll find every tremolo effect within!
With optical circuitry based on the classic amp tremolo circuits of yesteryear, the Ultrem Optical Tremolo takes the tone of those legendary units and adds a variety of new and useful control features that set it apart from any other stompbox on the market.
Several types of tremolo and volume effects are available with the Ultrem, including oscillator-controlled tremolo and manually controlled volume. Rate of the tremolo can be controlled via tap tempo, the unit's front-mounted speed control, or an optional expression pedal. Dual outputs allow panning of the tremolo effect between two amps or for use as an amp selector/blender in manual volume mode. Depth and Saturation controls allow for precise control of the degree and tonality of the effect as well as for use as a great-sounding overdrive unit when the oscillator is disengaged.
At the heart of the Ultrem is Guyatone's proprietary CPU controller, which allows for quick selection of the Ultrem's primary effect function. Six effect modes are easily accessible from the unit's front panel, and each effect mode features a sub-mode that can be accessed with a quick press of the control footswitch. If that isn't enough, the last two modes also feature bonus modes that allow for manual selection of the oscillator waveform via an external expression pedal.
The six effect modes are as follows:
Wave tap ”functions as an oscillator-controlled tremolo with rate determined by tap tempo function of control footswitch
Momentary wave ” functions as an oscillator-controlled tremolo when control switch is depressed and held ” releasing switch disengages the effect. Rate is determined by unit's speed control
Pedal volume/wave - main mode varies output volume using the optional expression pedal or functions as an oscillator-controlled tremolo in sub-mode. If set to pan on, Ultrem can function as an amp selector/blender in main mode
Pedal depth & wave tap - allows user to vary the depth of the effect by using an optional expression pedal, and also to adjust speed of wave tremolo by tapping tempo, instead of using pre-set controls
Pedal speed 1/touch ” main mode varies the speed of the wave form oscillation with the optional expression pedal over a range of 70-1000 ms. In sub mode the unit functions as standard tremolo
Pedal speed 2/touch ” main mode varies the speed of the wave form oscillation with the optional expression pedal over a range of 70-4000 ms. In sub mode the unit functions as standard tremolo
By using these different effect modes, you can achieve a limitless variety of tremolo and volume effects that can all be toggled through and tweaked in real time.
The Ultrem's CPU also offers six selectable waveforms when the unit is used in the oscillator-controlled effect modes - a variety of Triangle, Sawtooth, and Square Waves are available for quick selection via the unit's front panel, allowing the Ultrem to mimic any tremolo type from the smooth, rolling tone of vintage amps to the tight "helicopter" chop so popular in today's music. In addition, the oscillator's rate can be displayed in BPM or milliseconds, allowing for precise syncing to song tempo or external devices.
The Ultrem also features an "auto-start" function that engages the Tremolo effect whenever there is an input signal and disengages when input signal returns to zero. This allows for "quick start" tremolo that will be perfectly timed with the musical passage. The input sensitivity of this feature can be adjusted via an internal Trim Pot to allow use with a variety of different instruments and input signals.
- Selectable Manual-controlled or sscillator-controlled operation with stereo outputs
- Speed, Depth, and Saturation (overdrive) Controls with switchable Dry Blend and stereo Panning option
- CV control of tremolo Rate or Depth with 3-selectable pedal tapers (linear, audio, reverse audio). Also functions as volume pedal or amp Panner in Manual mode
- 6 Selectable waveforms in oscillator mode with tap tempo rate control
- 3-Digit LED display indicates oscillator Rate in BPM or M/Sec (selectable)
- Selectable input sensitivity via internal trim pot
- Type: Optical Tremolo with Digital Controllers
- Input: 1/4" Standard Phone Plug
- Output: 1/4" Standard Phone Plug DC
- Input: 2.1 x 5.5 mm DC barrel plug, tip negative polarity Pedal Jack: 1/4" Standard Phone Plug x 2 Input Impedance: 1M ohm
- Output Impedance: 470 ohm
- Bypass: True Mechanical Bypass using 3PDT switch (see manual)
- Oscillator Speed: 70-4000 mS (15-840 BPM)
- Oscillator Waveform: Triangle, Sawtooth, Reverse Sawtooth, Square 1, Square 2, Square 3
- Controls: Saturation, Depth, Speed Control, Mode Select Control, PAN On/Off Switch, Blend On/Off Switch, Tap/Pedal Setup Switch, Effect Switch (True Bypass), Control Switch
- Internal Controls: Threshold Trimmer
- Display: Speed Display LED (counter type), BPM (Beat) Indicator LED, m/sec Indicator LED, Motion Indicatot LED, Control Indicator LED, Effect Indicator LED, Mode Indicator LED, Wave Form Indicator LED, Effect Mode Indicator LED
- Power Consumption: 78mA
- Power: DC9V
- Size: 120(W) x 188(D) x 55(H) mm
- Weight: 680g
- Guyatone AC-2 (9V adapter)
- Rubber Foot Pads x 4
- Guyatone Warranty Card
- Optional Accessories:
- +5V External Expression Pedal (Roland/Boss EV-5 recommended)
- Warranty: 3 Year Limited
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Guyatone Ultrem Optical Tremolo Effects Pedal:
Hands down the best tremolo out there. The search is over! If you have the money this is the most versatile best sounding tremolo out there. I compared it to the Demeter Tremulator, TC Electronic Vintage tremolo, Fulltone SupaTrem and John Cusac's tremolo and I favor this over all the others in sound and features. It will take you about 20 minutues to figure it all out. Get it you won't be dissapointed.