- Product H72071
Mesa Boogie Royal Atlantic RA 100 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head
- Write a Review
The all-new Royal Atlantic RA 100 100W tube head wears an undeniable crown in the TransAtlantic fleet for delivering all this tone with a big, powerf...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Revolutionary new Power Soaks redefine the concept of power expression.
The all-new Royal Atlantic RA 100 100W tube head wears an undeniable crown in the TransAtlantic fleet for delivering all this tone with a big, powerful gut punch and three amazing modes of footswitchable performance. Packing 100 watts of EL34, Brit-voiced attitude, this Atlantic takes everything you love about Fullerton and Liverpool and brings it all together with rich, chest-thumping high gain in a way only a Mesa can.
The RA 100 also features Mesa's revolutionary new Channel Assignable Power Soaks that will redefine for you the concept of power expression and put you in total command of playing volume independent of power clip. Dial up a preamp sound in each of the Modes, crank in the perfect amount of power saturation at the right volume, and footswitch between them seamlessly!
Two Channels house the three distinctively different footswitchable Modes
In the RA-100, each mode is dedicated to a region of musically useful gain and capable of iconic sounds. These are comprised of CLEAN, LO and HI and they cover the continents with inspiring soulfulness, conviction and authority...you need but plot the course and she'll take you there.
Channel 1 offers CLEAN, a decidedly American circuit, that chimes with bell-like clarity on the top and is filled out with bouncy, tight low end that's warm and rich, but doesn't get tubby. CLEAN produces angelic cleans, but because of its tucked bass frequencies, also clips beautifully when used with its dedicated Soak for either pushed bluesy rhythm or old-school overdriven solo sounds.
Channel 2 pays tribute to both classic and modified British sounds, and though the two Modes in this Channel share Tone controls, they are adept at delivering amazing, no-compromise footswitchable performance. LO focuses on that touch-sensitive region of gain produced by classic Brit circuits and will have you knee-deep in hit-making sounds instantly.
The undeniable beauty of this gain region lies in the ability to dictate the sound based upon your picking technique, now further enhanced by the addition of Mutli-Soak™. Pick softly and she'll purr through stormy seas of Blue or, lay into it and deliver the classic Brit gut-punch...tight and thumping - with enough gain to crunch - yet with dynamic attack and not too saturated. HI covers the widest spectrum of gain in the RA100 and though its moniker suggests "over-the-top," some of its best attributes are to be found at settings in the middle of the evening watch. HI transforms from a sweet sea of lower-gain, English-Blues bliss at the shallow end of the GAIN control - to an angry, raging tempest with fathoms of harmonics riding just below the surface as you taunt its furthest reaches.
And don't worry, if your style takes you right up the middle - where you need enough gain to saturate, but you need your attack intact and not mush - some of the Royal Atlantic's best sounds reside in the heat of the noonday sun. Around 12:00 on Channel 2's GAIN control, the Royal rocks like a classic, but sings like a modified with tight and percussive with harmonics that leap to the surface as if chased by a predator.
These two Modes in Channel 2 interact with the one set of Tone controls virtually seamlessly and deliver their respective characters with surprising accuracy and detail. This enables you to switch across styles with a minimum of tweaking and a level of compromise that is well worth the trade in simplicity.
- Custom designed and handcrafted in Petaluma, California
- All-tube amplifier with 4 EL34 power amp tubes, 6 - 12AX7 and 1 - 12AT7 preamp tubes
- Proprietary Multi-Soak™, Channel Assignable Power Attenuator provides each channel with a 5-position power attenuation switch (-16db, -12db, -8db, -4db & 0db) for Power Ratings ranging from 3 Watts to 100 Watts of Class A/B Power
- Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL34)
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 2 channels, 3 footswitchable modes - each mode with Independent Channel Master & Multi-Soak Power Controls (Multi-Soak Controls on back panel)
- Channel 1 (Clean) features: Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Master & Multi-Soak (on back panel)
- Channel 2 (Footswitchable Vintage Lo-Gain & Vintage Hi-Gain Modes) features: Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Master-Lo, Master-Hi, Multi-Soak Lo & Multi-Soak Hi (on back panel)
- All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb with Auto Reverb Defeat Switch for Vintage Hi or Vintage Hi & Lo Modes ("Defeat" removes Reverb from selected mode/modes - "On" applies Reverb to all Modes)
- Reverb Hard-Bypass Switch removes entire Reverb Circuit from amp (all modes)
- Fully Buffered FX Loop w/Automatic Hard-Bypass, which completely removes itself when not in use
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- External Switching Jacks for Vintage Low/Hi (Clean is default)
- 22" Aluminum Chassis
- 2 Button Footswitch (Clean, Vintage Low/Hi)
Raw Mesa tone with more power control than ever before. Order now.
Royal Atlantic RA 100 100W Tube Guitar Amp Head