- Product 481440
Peavey Penta 140W Guitar Amp Head
- Write a Review
Single-channel Penta tube amp head with selectable EQ/gain voicings gives you 5 different personalities to choose from. 4 matched EL34 tubes and 4 - ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Multi-voiced versatility in a bulletproof package for the tube purist.
Single-channel Penta tube amp head with selectable EQ/gain voicings gives you 5 different personalities to choose from. 4 matched EL34 tubes and 4 - 12AX7 tubes, with ceramic tube sockets, large custom transformers, and superior components give you the vintage rock tones you're searching for. Provides 140W RMS into 16, 8, or 4 ohms.
The Penta Head's 5 classic gain voicings use all-analog Pentatone circuitry and are accessible via a rotary knob and identified by corresponding icons. All you need to do is plug in and play.
• Star reveals a classic British "plexi" voicing
• Bull produces a modified British voicing with tons of added gain and a tighter low end
• Tree lays on a thicker British voicing with a loose attack and slightly more gain
• Mudflap Girl is a super-high-gain voicing with a more responsive EQ and power amp section (think Triple XXX)
• Cactus is, simply put, Texas fat and clean
- 140W RMS into 16, 8, or 4 ohms
- 4 matched EL34 tubes and 4 - 12AX7 tubes
- DC-powered preamp tube heaters
- Pentatone selects between 5 EQ/gain voicings
- Gain control
- 3-band passive EQ
- Master volume
- Presence control
- Ceramic tube sockets
- Custom USA transformers
Not one but 5 tube tones at a price that can't be beat--guaranteed!
Penta 140W Guitar Amp Head
- Tube Complement:
- 4 matched EL34 tubes
- 4 - 12AX7/ECC83 tubes
- Rated Power and Load:
- 140W RMS into 16, 8, & 4 ohms
- External jacks are paralleled - 4 ohms minimum
- The following specs are measured @ 1kHz with the controls preset as follows:
- Bass, Treble & Mid EQ @ 5
- Master Volume @ 1O
- (Nominal levels are with Pre Gain @ 5. Minimum levels are with Pre Gain @ 10.)
- Preamp Input Section (1st channel):
- Nominal Input Level: 0dBV, 1V RMS
- Minimum Input Level: -20dBV, 100 mV RMS
- Maximum Input Level: 6dBV, 2V RMS
- System Signal-to-Noise:
- (1st channel - 20Hz to 20kHz unweighted)
- (Pre Gain set halfway)
- Greater than 80dB below rated power
- Custom Bass, Mid, & Treble passive type EQ for each mode
- Power consumption:
- Domestic: 300 watts, 60 Hz, 120 VAC
- Export: 300 watts, 50/60 Hz, 220-230/240 VAC
- 17.875"H x 21.375"W x 10.25"D
- (45.40 cm x 54.29 cm x 26.03 cm)
- 57.8 lbs. (26.24 kg) with power supply
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
This amp is everything that a great guitar amp should be, nothing unneccessary. I've been a loyal Marshall Super Lead MKII player for over 20 years. I spent enough on maintenance and repairs on Marshall amps to buy a new one of these every year! The sound is fantastic. Being a vintage Marshall enthusiast I was very skeptical of this amp at first. But after a few minutes of tweaking the extremely responsive tone controls, and input gain, I was able to achieve a thicker, tighter sound than my trusty old MKII. This amp is not for the beginner, or the intermediate guitarist. This amp is far more versatile than my Marshalls, the dual front/back Penta-tone switch with footswitching between the two is absolutely ingenious. On stage this thing absolutely kills. You can get a really nice tone at a moderate volume, but turn this baby up a bit and you'd better have brought a change of underwear. It's that good. Best sounding amp that Peavey has ever made. Period. And it's built like a tank, not an MG Midget.
Without any demo models available to try within 100's of miles...a prayer and some cash took me to the Music Store to place the order. I believe I was the first "kid on the block" to buy one here in Milwaukee. I bought it believing in the ballsy sound Peavey is known for and have not been disappointed. It kicks butt with five excellent voicings to choose from. Yes, an effects loop might have been a good addition, but the sounds "out of the box" have me thinking less effects...more amp...cooool. Thanks God.
Superb cleaness, detail and dynamic sound. The "sounds" that I am able to produce from this amp is awesome! From light rock to "metal" and everything in-between! Superb build qualifty as well. I am very pleased with it.
I sampled this at a local guitar shop. It's not a bad amp, it just seems over priced for such limited features. I prefer multiple channels, and with this amp having only one it just doen't suit my needs. I prefer something along the lines of the JSX with three channels.