- #J23212 000003000 J23212000003000
Radial Engineering Headload Guitar Amp Load Box
- Write a Review
The Headload is a combination load box and attenuator that is capable of handling up to 130-watts RMS of continuous power and peaks of 180 watts. Ins...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Combination speaker attenuator and simulator that safely handles up to 130 watts RMS.
The Headload is a combination load box and attenuator that is capable of handling up to 130-watts RMS of continuous power and peaks of 180 watts. Inserted between the head and cabinet, it allows the guitar amp to be driven hard while reducing the output level to reduce the sound pressure on stage or provide the means for quiet recording in the studio. This enables the artist to optimize the tone from the guitar amplifier without having to perform at ear-blistering levels.
The 100% discrete fan-cooled design begins with a series of cement encrusted, epoxy coated copper resistor coils that are controlled via a 6-position rotary switch to set the desired power reduction from 100% down to 20%. A trim control provides fine adjustment when below 20%. The Headload output can be turned off for quiet on-stage use, recording or when practicing using the built-in headphone amplifier.
In order to ensure greater consistency from gig to gig, the Headload is equipped with a Radial JDX Reactor direct box. This captures both the signal from the head plus the reactive load from the speaker cabinet for a more natural tone. The JDX has gained tremendous popularity with users as diverse as Megadeth, Aerosmith, Rascal Flatts, Sting and Radiohead.
For engineers that prefer to combine a direct feed with a microphone, the Headload has also been equipped with a Radial Phazer “ phase adjustment tool. This lets you time-align the JDX direct feed with the microphone to deliver incredibly natural tones, or when pushed to extreme, create over the top effects. The JDX direct output may also be tailored to suit with a 6-position voicing switch to select from various cabinet emulation presets and fine tuned using a 2-band EQ to tame overly bright amps.
Available now in 8 ohms, the Headload is possibly the most useful load box ever made.
- Radial JDX Reactor and Phazer for direct recording
- Delivers great tone from your amp at low volume
- Front vents allow cool air to circulate, driving by rear-mounted fan
- Shelving EQ Control used to fine-tune the JDX output to suit your recording or live monitoring needs
- Removable handle for rack mounting
- Analog phase-shift control lets you adjust between 0-180 degrees and 181-360 degrees
- Resonance enhacnes the EQ curve to compensate for the tone shift when the speaker level is reduced
- Range Control knob lets you fine-tune the power level when set below 20% for greater control
- Load Control knob is a six-positions rotary switch that sets the power reduction from 100% down to OFF
- Rotary switch lets you chose between six cabinet emulation prest curves
- 180/360 button toggles the phase shift from 0-180 to 181-360 degree
- Headphone out
- Phase adjustment tool
- Analog phase-shift control lets you adjust between 0-180 to 181-360 degree
- 1/4" out jack for connection to amp
- 1/4" out jacks for connecting to speaker cab
- 1/4" in jacks for connection from guitar
- Reverse polarity to offset phase anamolies when combining Headload with PA system
- JDX Pre-EQ/PA Output captures the sound from the JDX signla before the EQ - transformer isolated to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops
- JDX Post-EQ/Monitor Output captures the sound after the EQ for direct recording, feeding stage monitors or in-ear monitors
- Lift to eliminate ground loops
- Unbalanced Post JDX and EQ direct output used to feed additional gear after it has been processed by the Headload
- Unbalanced direct feed from the amp used to send a pre-JDX signal to additional gear
Headload Guitar Amp Load Box
- Audio Circuit Type: Reactive attenuation circuit with active equalization
Frequency Response: 90Hz at -3dB to 4KHz at -6dB, Low EQ: +/- 9dB @ 80Hz, High EQ: +/- 9dB @ 6Khz
Low & high resonance: 60Hz & 6.5KHz, shelving filter 6dB/octave slope, +12dB at 20% load setting, +9dB at 40% load setting, +6dB at 60% load setting, +3dB at 80% load setting, None at 100% load setting
Headphone output power: 400mW into 32Ohms
Headphones impedance: 32Ohms or higher recommended
Gain: -40dB typical
Intermodulation Distortion: <0.05%
Noise: -104dbu Unweighted
Input Impedance: 8Ohms
Output Impedance: 250Ohms
Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.05%
Gain Reduction: Variable from 100% to 0%
Equalization: Low & high frequency shelving
Load: Available in 4Ohms, 8Ohms, and 16Ohms
Power: Radial +/-15V 400mA power supply
Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell
Finish: Durable powder coat
Size (LxWxD): 6.05" x 12" x 3.45" (154mm x 305mm x 87.6mm)
Weight: 8lb. (3.63kg)
Conditions: For use in dry locations only between 5C and 40C
Warranty: Radial 3-year, transferable
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.