- Product 502254
SWR Classic Series SM-1500 1500W Bass Amp Head
- Write a Review
Incredibly versatile, the SWR SM-1500 bass amp head from the Classic Series has two separate power modules providing an astonishing 1,500 watts (at 4...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
Your bass mother ship has landed.
Incredibly versatile, the SWR SM-1500 bass amp head from the Classic Series has two separate power modules providing an astonishing 1,500 watts (at 4 Ohms in the bridged mono mode or 750 watts per side in either stereo or dual mono), an onboard tube-driven compressor and an array of tone controls that would be right at home in the world's best studios. The SM-1500 bass head will absolutely rock the house while providing the crystal-clear, full-range tone that the world's premiere bassists have come to expect from SWR.
In addition, SWR has added a popular Bass Intensifier circuit; (a boost circuit great for soloing); and a tube-driven compressor, which can be engaged before or after the EQ section of the amp. The SWR SM-1500 is simply a remarkable piece of engineering as well as an incredibly powerful and versatile tool for the serious bass player.
True to SWR tradition, the SM-1500 is an innovative bass amplifier head that is the result of decades of research and design experience, coupled with direct input from the world's greatest recording and touring bassists.
- Twin power amps with three modes of operation
- Bridge (mono) mode—1,500 watts @ 4-ohms
- Stereo mode—750 watts @ 2-Ohms (per side)
- Bi-Amp mode—with adjustable crossover frequency
- Tube preamp fueled by a 12AX7 dual triode tube
- Two front panel inputs plus one rear panel input with input select switch to accommodate multiple bass guitar setups
- World renowned SWR Aural Enhancer tone shaping
- World-class Compression with Comp Position selection
- Four Footswitch selectable features
- Bass Intensifier for maximum impact
- Boost to accent solos
- Three Semi-Parametric Equalizer configurations—choose from two independent 3-band Eq's or combine them into one 6-band
- Stereo/mono Effects Loop with Effects Blend control
- Traditional Bass/Treble tone controls
- Speakon and 1/4" speaker outputs
Innovative and versatile, the SM-1500 bass head is SWR's flagship bass amp. Order yours now!
Classic Series SM-1500 1500W Bass Amp Head
- Power requirement: 1400W
- Power amp minimum impedance: 4 Ohm (Bridge Mode);
- 2 Ohms per channel (Normal, Stereo, Bi-Amp Modes)
- Sensitivity: 1.2V RMS, 1kHz @ Mono Return, Effects Blend at WET, Volume at MAX
- Power output: 1500W @ 4 Ohm (Bridge Mode);
- 750W @ 2 Ohms per channel (Normal, Stereo, Bi-Amp Modes)
- Pre amp input impedance: >820 kOhm (Front panel Inputs);
- 10k Ohm (Rear panel Input)
- Sensitivity for full power: 13mV @ 1kHz, Gain and Volume at MAX, all Bass, Mid and Treble controls flat (center detent),
- Aural Enhancer at mid position, Effects Blend at DRY, Bass Intensifier, Compression and Boost OFF
- Tone controls bass: ±15dB @ 70Hz
- Treble: ±15dB @ 3kHz
- Variable semi-parametric EQ: MID 1: ±15dB @ 30Hz to 200Hz
- Mid 2: ±15dB @ 165Hz—1.1kHz
- Mid 3: ±15dB @ 900Hz—6kHz
- Compression gain reduction: —22dB maximum, selectable PRE or POST EQ
- Threshold: —10dBV to +10dBV
- Ratio: 1:1 to 20:1
- Attack time: 10mS to 600mS
- Release time: 500mS to 5.5S
- Effects loop send impedance: 220 Ohm
- Return impedance: 10k Ohm Balanced
- Balanced line out send impedance: 50 Ohm
- Active crossover response: 3—pole (18dB/octave) Butterworth
- Crossover frequency: 100Hz—2.0kHz
- Dimensions: 5.5"H x 19"W x 19.5"D
- Weight: 67 lb.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about SWR Classic Series SM-1500 1500W Bass Amp Head:
Although I am still waiting for the megoliath cab to get here, i got the head today and have played it through my halfstack. This amp is out of this world. You can dial in any tone you want! I play death-metal music and some classical on the side. Even though those are very different styles this amp really gives you the option to figure out your settings for any tone that you desire! I came across this piece of gear while trying to find something stage worthy at a professional level. I then read about this product and then I saw that Alex Webster from Cannibal Corpse uses this. He always has an amazing tone so I figured I could find my own tone out of this as well!! Very happy with this product!