- Product 481295
Yorkville BassMaster Series XS800H 800W Bass Head
- Write a Review
What truly sets the rackmountable XS800H amp head apart from the rest of the class is its versatile input circuitry that allows the player to select ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Powerful, versatile, and fantastic sounding.
What truly sets the rackmountable XS800H amp head apart from the rest of the class is its versatile input circuitry that allows the player to select between an all-tube input signal path, or bypass the tube completely and use a FET driven solid-state input circuit. True tube overdrive can be added to either 'clean' signal path you choose, using an innovative balance control that allows you to set the perfect blend of overdriven to clean signal. This ensures that you can add as much grunge or as little 'tube warmth' as needed while maintaining the definition and clarity of the clean tone. A solid-state power stage ensures ample pure clean power at the output.
Innovative tone-shaping controls like 'Scoop' and 'Bass Resonance' are standard on the BassMaster XS800H as well as a compressor with user definable threshold and user defeatable output limiter. A 5-band EQ, with semi-parametric mid, ensures the user can find any tone they need.
The unique variable contour Scoop function sweeps from a flat frequency response through a mid-frequency dip at 400 Hz. As you increase beyond the 1„2-way point on the control you begin to boost both the top and bottom end to your tone, in addition to further reducing the midrange level.
The unique Bass Resonance Control, when used with a high quality and responsive loudspeaker, like our XC808 allows the player to dial in the exact bass response from their rig that they want to hear, from a tight and punchy tone to a looser, more vintage bass sound. The Bass Resonance control actually controls the damping factor of the amplifier's output stage, and allows the player to take full advantage of the tone of a loudspeaker enclosure.
The dual fan cooling system integrated into the XS800H amp head completely negates the need for heavier heatsinks. Well placed intake/exhaust vents allow the two cooling fans to immediately draw all extraneous heat away from the amplifier ensuring the amplifier will not overheat even under the most extreme live conditions. Highest quality fans were chosen to keep noise to an absolute minimum. The lack of heavier heatsinks used in most amplifiers allows the weight of the XS800H to be reduced to a staggering low 25lbs, virtually unheard of for a 3 rackspace (3U) 800W bass amplifier. It is a full 4.5 lbs lighter than it's little brother, the XS400H. A front panel tuner/mute switch is standard on the XS800H head. This mute kills the signal to the amplifier (and DI output) for tuning, and mutes the rig between sets.
Other professional features added to the Yorkville XS800H include highly visible VU metering of the output signal, a front panel wet/dry control for the footswitchable tube drive, footswitchable effects return with front panel wet/dry blend control and a pre/post selectable XLR balanced DI output with ground lift. High power handling Speakon extension speaker cabinet outputs have been added in addition to the 1/4-inch phono jacks commonly used on instrument amplifiers.
All metal chassis, quality component selection including glass epoxy circuit boards ensure long life and unmatched dependability. Like all Yorkville products, the XS800H is North American made and is covered in the United States and Canada by a two year unlimited warranty.*
*Warranty valid in Canada and the U.S. only
It all started with bass amplifiers. The first product Yorkville ever designed and built was an extremely reliable and affordable bass amp. For over thirty-five years, musicians have chosen Yorkville bass amplifiers for their great sound and durability. Working directly with players for over four decades, Yorkville engineers have learned about building rock solid bass amplification. Conceived by players, designed and built by Yorkville, we have had an incredibly successful run with The BassMaster Series.
In the past, BassMaster was known for their excellent sound, quality and value... Rugged and Reliable rock solid bottom end. From the most compact XM50C 50-watt combo to the rack-mountable XS800H 800 watt head, today's BassMaster amplifiers reflect the latest in modern technology along with the highest quality and a legendary 'retro' look to suit players of all styles and abilities.
The BassMaster series has undergone a radical redesign. New cabinet designs, including a switch to birch plywood, a radical new finish, and re-engineered electronics mean new features and models.
Years of experience have proved that using MDF (medium density fiberboard) or particleboard for bass cabinets isn''t conducive to a long rattle-free life or great bass tone, therefore all Yorkville bass cabinets are made with a reinforced solid plywood cabinet construction. A full metal grille protects the high quality custom designed speaker components used in all Yorkville Bass cabinets. Built for years of rugged use and unmatched dependability, Yorkville is so sure of their design and manufacturing prowess and careful attention to detail that they cover all Yorkville extension speakers with a 2-year unlimited warranty.
BassMaster Bass Amps Series Characteristics
Simple Flexibility & Dependable Quality
Effective simplicity was the goal set for this line of amps. Active filtering circuits allow versatile tonal shaping with fewer knobs and switches. You can always get the sound you want quickly and easily from a Yorkville bass guitar amplifier.
Inside the chassis are high-grade glass epoxy circuit boards, low noise metal film resistors, phone jacks with gold plated contacts. Outside you will find heavy gauge metal speaker grilles with a retro-fashioned texture look, 3/4" plywood construction and a new harder painted finish.
Add rigorous factory testing and the unbeatable 2-year (Even if you break it) Unlimited Transferable Warranty* and you can be sure you have what you need to reliably sound your best for years to come.
*Warranty valid in USA and Canada only.
- Switchable tube/solid state (FET) input and tube overdrive (12AX7A preamp tube)
- Footswitchable Tube Overdrive and Effects Loop
- Innovative Wet/Dry blend on Tube Overdrive
- Wet/Dry blend on the effects loop return
- Five band EQ featuring a semi-parametric sweepable mid
- Unique "Variable Contour" scoop function
- Bass Resonance control adjusts the damping factor for either a ''loose'' or ''tight'' low end bass response
- 12 LED highly visible VU meter allows for monitoring of output levels from across the stage
- Pre/Post EQ selectable XLR balanced Tube DI output
- Speakon and 1/4" extension cabinet outputs
- Front panel mute switch for silent tuning with 1/4" tuner out jack
BassMaster Series XS800H 800W Bass Head
- Type: Bass Head
- Power @ min. impedance (Watts): 600 @8 ohms / 800 @4 ohms / 600 @2 ohms
- Minimum Impedance (Ohms): 2
- Burst Power - 2 cycle: 1000 Watts
- Frequency Response (Hz +/-3dB): 20hz - 20khz
- Hum and Noise (dB): -90 dB Unweighted / -94dB Weighted
- Channel 1 - inputs: 2x 1/4 inch, 0dB / -6dB
- Channel 1 - controls: 5 Band EQ w/ parametric sweepable mid, Tube Gain
- Channel 1 - switches: Limiter, Compressor, Tube Drive, Tuner Mute
- Master Volume Control: Yes
- Input Sensitivity (mV): 80
- Master Outputs: Speakon, 1/4 inch (x2)
- Line Out (type / configuration): Pre/Post EQ - XLR, Bal TRS
- Line Out Sensitivity (Vrms): 1.0
- Effects Loop / Location: Rear
- Effects Footswitch / Function: Tube Drive / Effects Loop
- Effects Return Sensitivity (Vrms): 1.0
- LED Indicators: Power, Tube Drive, Compressor, Mute, EFX Rtn
- Protection: Thermal, Short Circuit
- Limiter / Switchable: Yes / Yes (Output Clip Limiter)
- External speaker output / location: 2 x 1/4 inch, 1 x Speakon
- Headphone Jack: No
- Other Features: Amp In (rear)
- Parametric Mid
- Wet/Dry Blend on EFX Return
- Wet/Dry Control on Drive mode
- Adjustable Compressor
- Tuner mute switch and 1/4" tuner out jack
- Bass Resonance
- Tube/Solid State input selector switch
- 12 LED Output power display with Clip indicator
- Dimensions (DWH, inches): 13 x 19 x 5
- Dimensions (DWH, cm): 33 x 48 x 13