- Product 481296
Yorkville BassMaster XS400C 400 Watt 1x15 Bass Combo Amplifier
- Write a Review
The Yorkville XS400C is a 400 watt 1x15 inch bass combo amplifier with tweeter. The first major advance was to feature a Sovtek 12AX7A preamp tube at...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Extreme flexibility, extreme bass tone!
The Yorkville XS400C is a 400 watt 1x15 inch bass combo amplifier with tweeter. The first major advance was to feature a Sovtek 12AX7A preamp tube at the input stage. Not content to stop there, Yorkville added a separate parallel tube overdrive circuit, and an innovative ''wet / dry'' balance control that allows the player to set the perfect blend of overdriven signal to clean bass tone. In short, you can add as much growl or as little 'tube warmth' to your overall bass sound as you need, while maintaining a clean tone underneath it all to maintain definition and clarity. A switchable limiter and a compressor circuit with user definable threshold control have been added to the tube input circuit as well.
An improved 5-band EQ, with a semi-parametric mid control with a user definable frequency has taken the place of the graphic EQ Yorkville has used on higher power bass amps in the past. A new continuously variable 'Scoop' control has been added to the XS400C to replace the ''Contour'' switch used on Yorkville bass amps in the past as well. The Scoop function sweeps from a flat frequency response to a mid-frequency dip at 300 Hz. As you increase beyond the 1/2-way point on the control you begin to boost both the top end and bottom end to your tone, in addition to further reducing the midrange level.
Other professional features added to the XS series bass amplifiers include a front panel wet / dry control for the effects return, footswitchable tube overdrive, footswitchable effects return and a pre / post selectable XLR balanced Tube DI output. Speakon and 1/4-inch extension speaker outputs have been added for the addition of an external bass cabinet, like the popular XC210, XC410, and XC115.
A feature unique and solely exclusive to the XS400C and XS400TC is the ''Tweeter Auto Mute'' switch located on the rear panel. Under normal operating conditions the tweeter will automatically shut off when the Tube Drive is activated, whether by front panel control or footswitch. This helps to reduce the harshness in the higher frequency range that is typical of an overdriven sound going through a tweeter. If you desire the tweeter to be active in the overdrive mode then simply press the switch to disengage the mute feature. This is very handy if you typically do not desire an overdrive sound and set the tube drive setting off, or the wet /dry all the way to dry. This will allow you to either be able to shut the tweeter completely off by activating the drive channel and the Tweeter Auto Mute both, or even further use the footswitch to give you on/off control of the tweeter.
A front panel tuner / mute switch has been added to the XS400C, XS400TC and XS400H bass amplifiers. This mute silences the signal to the amplifier (and DI output) for silent tuning with the front panel mounted 1/4" tuner out jack.
The XS400C is manufactured in a black Ozite (carpet) finish for artists that prefer our rugged and reliable traditional cabinet covering.
It all started with bass amplifiers. The first product Yorkville ever designed and built was an extremely reliable and affordable bass amp. For over thirty-five years, musicians have chosen Yorkville bass amplifiers for their great sound and durability. Working directly with players for over four decades, Yorkville engineers have learned about building rock solid bass amplification. Conceived by players, designed and built by Yorkville, we have had an incredibly successful run with The BassMaster Series.
In the past, BassMaster was known for their excellent sound, quality and value... Rugged and Reliable rock solid bottom end. From the most compact XM50C 50-watt combo to the rack-mountable XS800H 800 watt head, today's BassMaster amplifiers reflect the latest in modern technology along with the highest quality and a legendary 'retro' look to suit players of all styles and abilities.
The BassMaster series has undergone a radical redesign. New cabinet designs, including a switch to birch plywood, a radical new finish, and re-engineered electronics mean new features and models.
Years of experience have proved that using MDF (medium density fiberboard) or particleboard for bass cabinets isn''t conducive to a long rattle-free life or great bass tone, therefore all Yorkville bass cabinets are made with a reinforced solid plywood cabinet construction. A full metal grille protects the high quality custom designed speaker components used in all Yorkville Bass cabinets. Built for years of rugged use and unmatched dependability, Yorkville is so sure of their design and manufacturing prowess and careful attention to detail that they cover all Yorkville extension speakers with a 2-year unlimited warranty.
BassMaster Bass Amps Series Characteristics
Simple Flexibility & Dependable Quality
Effective simplicity was the goal set for this line of amps. Active filtering circuits allow versatile tonal shaping with fewer knobs and switches. You can always get the sound you want quickly and easily from a Yorkville bass guitar amplifier.
Inside the chassis are high-grade glass epoxy circuit boards, low noise metal film resistors, phone jacks with gold plated contacts. Outside you will find heavy gauge metal speaker grilles with a retro-fashioned texture look, 3/4" plywood construction and a new harder painted finish. Select models are available in an ultra tough black carpet covering similar to that used on select lite P.A. cabinets.
Add rigorous factory testing and the unbeatable 2-year (Even if you break it) Unlimited Transferable Warranty* and you can be sure you have what you need to reliably sound your best for years to come.
*Warranty valid in USA and Canada only.
- Tube powered input and overdrive (12AX7A preamp tube)
- Footswitchable Tube Overdrive and Effects Loop
- Innovative Wet/Dry blend on Tube Overdrive
- Wet/Dry blend on the effects loop return
- Five band EQ featuring a semi-parametric sweepable mid
- Unique "Variable Contour" scoop function
- Pre/Post EQ selectable XLR balanced Tube DI output
- Speakon and 1/4" extension cabinet outputs
- Front panel mute switch for silent tuning with 1/4" tuner out jack
- Switchable Limiter at the output stage
- Proprietary ''Tweeter Auto Mute'' function and bypass switch
- 15" 250 watt Eminence bass driver and 30 watt tweeter
- Available in black Ozite (XS400C) carpeted version only
Give your bass the voice it deserves - call or click today to order.
- Power @ min. impedance (Watts): 400
- Minimum Impedance (Ohms): 4
- Burst Power - 2 cycle: 725 Watts
- Frequency Response (Hz +/-3dB): 20hz - 20khz
- Hum and Noise (dB): -90 dB Unweighted / -94dB Weighted
- Channel 1 - inputs: 2x 1/4 inch, 0dB / -6dB
- Channel 1 - controls: 5 Band EQ w/ parametric sweepable mid, Tube Gain
- Channel 1 - switches: Limiter, Compressor, Tube Drive, Tuner Mute
- Master Volume Control: Yes
- Input Sensitivity (mV): 40
- Master Outputs: Speakon, 1/4 inch (x2)
- Line Out (type / configuration): Pre/Post EQ - XLR, Bal TRS
- Line Out Sensitivity (Vrms): 1.0
- Effects Loop / Location: Rear
- Effects Footswitch / Function: Tube Drive / Effects Loop
- Effects Return Sensitivity (Vrms): 1.0
- LED Indicators: Power, Tube Drive, Compressor, Mute, EFX Rtn
- Protection: Thermal, Short Circuit
- Limiter / Switchable: Yes / Yes
- External speaker output / location: 2 x 1/4 inch, 1 x Speakon
- Headphone Jack: No
- Other Features: Amp In (rear)
- Parametric Mid
- Wet/Dry Blend on EFX Return
- Wet/Dry Control on Drive mode
- Adjustable Compressor
- 1/4" tuner out jack
- Dimensions (DWH, inches): 15.5 x 19 x 3.5
- Dimensions (DWH, cm): 39.5 x 48.2 x 8.9
- Weight (lbs / kg): 29.5 / 13.4