- Write a Review
Go Pro with Fender. Order today.
Bass—it’s where rhythm meets melody, creating a righteous groove that forces you to move with it. Without the Fender Precision Bass, the original electric bass, dance floors everywhere would be empty. As music evolves, our instruments change in lockstep; the end result is today’s version of this seminal instrument—the American Professional Precision Bass.
The Precision Bass was a truly revolutionary instrument when it was released in 1951. Not only could bassists finally play with perfect intonation, they could be heard along with the rest of the band. From funk to rock, hip-hop to reggae; all of the music that’s enriched our lives began with the thunderous Precision Bass.
Developed by longtime bass pickup master Michael Bump, the brand-new V-Mod split-coil Precision Bass pickup uses a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. The “golden” ’63 P Bass neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and
enhanced tuning stability.
The best of yesterday and today, the American Professional Precision Bass is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender. Step up and stake your claim to a legend.
- Shape: 1963 C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Satin
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: Split single-coil
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: V-Mod Split Single-Coil
- Bridge: Not applicable
- Brand: Fender
- Series or parallel: Series
- Active preamp: No
- Special electronics: None
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Narrow Tall
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Bone
- Nut width: 1.625 in. (41.3mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 4-saddle HiMass
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: High-ratio Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
Go Pro with Fender. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.