- Write a Review
A semi-hollowbody that helps commemorate 120 years of Gibson excellence.
With echoes of the great semi-acoustic EB basses of the past, and following the popularity of the ES-335-inspired Midtown guitar line, the 2014 Midtown Standard Bass from Gibson USA brings a new level of class, tone, and versatility to the low end. This full-scale bass is entirely Gibson through and through, yet all new, too. While it looks like the traditional thinline ES-style instrument, it is actually made from routed solid woods rather than a laminated top, back and sides with a solid center block, for sonic solidity, punch, sustain, and resistance to feedback previously unavailable in a semi-acoustic bass. A mix-and-match set of two classic Gibson bass pickups gives the Midtown Standard Bass unprecedented tonal flexibility, and Gibson USA's renowned craftsmanship yields flawless playability, making this bass the perfect choice for rock, jazz, funk, blues, or any conceivable style of popular music. All this and the Midtown Standard Bass oozes pure Gibson class in a choice of hand-sprayed nitrocellulose finishes.
The 2014 Midtown Signature bass features a chambered mahogany back with a maple top, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard with the extra-special 120th anniversary banner on the 12th fret, max grip speed knobs, extra large strap button, graph tech nut, 34" scale, T-Bird Plus and vintage-style T-Bird mini pickups, grover shamrock-style tuners, and 3-way adjustable bridge.
- Chambered mahogany back with maple top
- Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with 120th anniversary logo
- 34" Scale
- T-Bird Plus and Vintage style T-bird mini pickups
- Chrome 3-way adjustable bridge
- Grover shamrock style tuners
- Vintage brown Hardshell case
Be a part of 120 years of awesome!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.