- J03768 000001000 J03768000001000
Guild M-85 Bass
- Write a Review
The companion to Guild's M-75 Aristocrat guitar, the M-85 Bass boasts authentic mid-'60s style with a compact semi-hollow body and big "Bi-Sonic" bas...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Vintage style and loads of low end with its hollow body and "Bi-Sonic" bass pickup.
The companion to Guild's M-75 Aristocrat guitar, the M-85 Bass boasts authentic mid-'60s style with a compact semi-hollow body and big "Bi-Sonic" bass pickup that together create the sonic boom of an instrument twice its size.
The single-cutaway body measures 2.75" deep and a mere 13.5" across the lower bout, with an arched spruce top and maple back and sides. The body also features elegant ivory white body binding, black/white purfling, partial center-block bracing and dual finger rests. This distinctive bass also features a 30.75" scale length, bound three-piece mahogany neck with a vintage-style "soft U" profile, 21-fret rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius and pearloid dot inlays, volume and tone controls, combo bridge/tailpiece with rosewood saddles, Grover tuning machines, nickel hardware and cool Jet Black gloss finish. Includes plush-lined hard-shell case.
- Laminate maple double-cutaway hollowbody
- Vintage soft "V" neck profile and rosewood fretboard
- Guild "Bi-Sonic" bass pickup
- Volume and tone controls
- Combo bridge with rosewood string saddles
- Includes case
Isn't great bottom end what it's all about for the bassist? Order today.
Body Material: Laminated Spruce Top with Laminated Maple Back & Sides
Body Shape: Guild M-85
Body Back: Laminated Maple
Body Sides: Laminated Maple
Body Top: Arched Laminated Maple
Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
Bracing: Partial Center Block
Purfling: Black/Ivory White
Body Depth: 2.75" (70 mm)
Body Length: 17.25" (438 mm)
Body Binding: Ivory White with Black/White Purfling
Neck Shape: Vintage Soft "U"
Number of Frets: 21
Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
Scale Length: 30.75" (781 mm)
Neck Binding: 1-Ply White
Truss Rods: Dual-Action Head Adjust
Truss Rod Nut: Hex
Bridge Pickup: Guild "Bi-Sonic" Bass
Controls: Volume, Tone
Hardware Finish: Nickel-Plated
Bridge: Guild Combo Bridge-Tailpiece with Rosewood String Saddles
Tuning Machines: Grover Die-Cast
String Nut: Bone
Strings: D'Addario Custom Light, (.045-.105 gagues)
Case Gig Bags: Hardshell Case
Control Knobs: Black Plastic
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.