- Product H91366
Jackson JS3 Kelly Bird IV Electric Bass
- Write a Review
The JS3 Kelly Bird four-string bass features a basswood body (flame maple top on trans finishes), bolt-on maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Sleek, fast, active and affordable. Everything you need in a bass.
The JS3 Kelly Bird four-string bass features a basswood body (flame maple top on trans finishes), bolt-on maple neck, bound rosewood fingerboard with 21 frets and block inlays, dual Jackson JS high-output covered pickups, three-band active EQ (bass/mid/high) Jackson high-mass bridge and Jackson tuners.
Jackson JS models are armed with high-output pickups, jumbo frets and a tilt-back headstock - features normally found on more expensive instruments. This design negates the need for string trees, which often cause tuning issues due to the unnecessary friction they create. JS Series guitars and basses also feature compound-radius fingerboards. The radius is roundest near the nut, which is perfect for fretting riffs and chords and for deep bass. This curvature gradually flattens out farther up the fingerboard, which is ideal for light-speed soloing, effortless string bending and singing high-end bass. Case sold separately.
Jackson high-output pickups
Designed for great high-output tone for the heaviest music and the most crushing players.
Double-locking tremolos and high-mass hard-tail bridges
Our double-locking tremolos and hard-tail bridges look great and provide rock-solid intonation and tuning stability even for the wildest playing
Playability and quality only found on more expensive guitars
The most important aspect of any guitar is its playability. With specially designed speed necks and fingerboards, Jackson JS models offer unbelievably smooth feel that puts no speed limit on a player's creativity. Slender neck back shape is remarkably comfortable for those who prefer a thinner, faster neck.
- Body: Basswood
- Body Shape: Kelly Bird
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: JS3
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Block
- Headstock Binding: White
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Rock Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 4-In-Line
- Neck Plate: Jackson
- Neck Binding: White
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: Jackson Hi-Output Humbucking Bass
- Neck Pickup: Jackson Hi-Output Humbucking Bass
- Pickup Switching: Blend Control
- Controls: Volume Control, 3-Band EQ
- Bridge: Jackson High Mass Bridge
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Branded
- String Nut: Black Plastic
- Truss Rod Wrench: Yes
- Saddle Height Adjustment Wrench: Yes
- Saddle Intonation Adjustment Wrench: Yes
- Floyd Rose Nut Adjustment Wrench: Yes
- Strings: NPS, Gauges .045-.105
- Unique Features: JS3 High mass bridge, Jackson Hi-output humbucking bass pickups, Active 3-band EQ, Kelly Bird body, bound headstock and fingerboard
- Case sold separately
Built with more than 30 years of Jackson experience and expertise.
- Fretboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about Jackson JS3 Kelly Bird IV Electric Bass:
Played great out of the box.Alot of different sound options.The neck plays fast and has a great feel from top to bottom.The only complaint is you can see some small glue runs on the fretboard when they seated the frets.Other then that,Is a great bass.