- J37228 000001000 J37228000001000
Mitchell TB505 5-String Traditional Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
The Mitchell TB500 bass starts with a custom contour alder body and one-piece, comfortable-profile maple neck with a smooth Indian rosewood fretboard...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Custom contour body, comfortable neck and great-sounding electronics.
The Mitchell TB500 bass starts with a custom contour alder body and one-piece, comfortable-profile maple neck with a smooth Indian rosewood fretboard. Standard split-single and single-coil paraffin-dipped alnico-V pickups go from blues to classic to modern rock, while mitigating microphonics and feedback. Separate volume controls for each pickup provide complete sound sculpting, along with a master tone for even more sonic options. The high-mass modern bridge ensures a robust tone, smooth sustain for days, and solid intonation.
All Mitchell basses receive a complete stateside setup and quality control inspection to ensure exceptional playability.
• Alder body and one-piece maple neck with 20 jumbo frets for traditional tone and feel
• Standard split-single and single-coil paraffin-dipped alnico V pickups go from blues to classic to modern rock while reducing microphonics and feedback
• High-mass adjustable bridge provides plenty of solid tone and sustain
• Graph Tech TUSQ XL reduced-friction nut enhances tuning stability
• High-tensile strength fretwire for durability and smooth playability
- Shape: Classic C
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Split-coil Alnico V
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Single-coil Alnico V
- Brand: Mitchell
- Series or parallel: Series
- Active preamp: No
- Special electronics: None
- Material: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 9.9 in.
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 20
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Tusq
- Nut width: 1.77 in. ( 45 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Alder
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master volume
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: High-mass adjustable
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: High-ratio
- Color: Black nickel
- Number of strings: 5
- Pickguard: No
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Make more music with Mitchell. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Fret Buzz
- Small Venues
Comments about Mitchell TB505 5-String Traditional Bass Guitar:
I was looking for a cost effective 5 string bass to compliment my 4 string P-bass. This really does the trick.
Great neck, setup and finish. I really like the pickup mix of a split coil P neck PUP and a single coil J in the bridge position. Pots and knobs seem solid. No noise to speak of even at high volume. I will intonate and raise the E and B strings some to my taste. Bridge is good and solid. High mass. Nice!
The bass shipped with DAddario strings, a very nice touch, plus Allen wrenches for the bridge.
I'm running this though a Markbass rig and it sounds gigantic! Will gig with it soon and that will be the real test.
So far I am very satisfied with it and the price was great!