- Write a Review
A J-style bass with hand-made quality at a budget friendly price.
The Kingston Sarasota 4-string electric bass has a carved basswood body that is light in weight, but heavy in tone. This innovative bass has the tried-and-true 34" scale length with a bolt-on maple neck that has an asymetrical neck profile that is incredibly fast and comfortable. A 21-fret maple or rosewood fingerboard give you plenty of room to move and the Buzz Feiten tuning system insures that this bass plays in tune in all positions. The Sarasota is loaded with two MTD passive single coil J-style pickups that deliver a broad spectrum of great tones. Controls include two volumes and one tone.The MTD quick release bridge allows for instant string changes. Case sold separately.
The MTD Kingston Saratoga bass is a modern re-imagining of a classic J bass, at a budget-friendly price. It is Michael Tobias' innovations like the asymetrical neck and Quick-Release bridge which sets the Saratoga apart from the crowd.
- Sarasota 4-String bass guitar
- 34" scale length
- Carved basswood body
- One-piece bolt-on maple neck with satin polyester finish
- Asymetrical neck profile
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- 1.5" nut width
- 21-fret maple or rosewood fingerboard
- Double-action truss rod
- Smoked chrome hardware
- MTD passive, single coil J-style pickups
- Three controls: two volume knobs and one passive tone
- Shielded electronics compartment
- Ping, sealed die-cast tuners
- MTD quick release bridge, 3/4" (19mm) string spacing
- Case sold separately
Order a bass that is both classic and classy.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Rock Concerts
- School Bands
- Small Venues
Comments about MTD Kingston Saratoga 4-String Electric Bass Guitar:
In 30 years of playing bass, this is my #1 fave bass. It has it all. The tones are easy to dial in,funk, classic, mellow, funk, thunder- you have it. Plays amazing-the asymetrical neck is as comfy as you'll ever find. Very lightwieght, top notch electronics, awesome looks. This is the real stuff by Michael Tobias- not to be confused with the "toby" junk out there. I have owned warwick,fender, schecter,ltd,gibson yamaha and dean basses and MTD is my only choice now! I play nearly a 100 gigs a year and my MTDs never give me any hasseles and work as well now as they did out of the box.....don't look at the other stuff, buy one thats gonna last. You'll be money ahead in the long run.