- #H98321 000001001 H98321000001001
Spector NS-5XL USA 5-String Electric Bass
- Write a Review
The NS-5XL is the 35" scale version of Spector's NS-5.After experimenting in the late 1990s with 35" scale Spector found the Wide5 string spacing fea...Click To Read More About This Product
Earn up to 99,168 reward points.
6-Month* financing available.
A hand-crafted, U.S.A.-made boutique bass with advanced features, quality components and incredible sound.
The NS-5XL is the 35" scale version of Spector's NS-5.
After experimenting in the late 1990s with 35" scale Spector found the Wide5 string spacing feature really helps to bring out the notes of the B & E strings. In 1998 they launched their NS-5XL
which features a 35" scale, EMG 40DC humbuckers, and our USA 18v active tone controls. This is the ultimate super charged five string neck-thru bass.
- Neck: Neck-Thru Body
- Wood: 3pc Maple with Graphite Rods inside for additional strength
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, with our abalone Crown Inlays
- Number of frets: 24
- Scale length: 35"
- Radius: 16"
- Nut width: 1.81"
- Pickups and electronics: Active Pickups
- Neck pickup: EMG 40DC
- Bridge pickup: EMG 40DC
- Active tone controls: Spector 18v +/-15db boost and cut, bass and treble
- Controls: Master volume, Pickup balance, Bass boost/cut, Treble boost/cut
- Body wood: Solid figured maple
- FIinish: Matte poly
- Hardware Color: Gold
- Bridge: Spector solid brass locking, with intonation screws
- String spacing at bridge: .66"
- Tuners: Gotoh GB-7 with our "SS" logo
- Strap buttons: Dunlop Dual Design
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Immaculate craftmanship
- Superior Tone
- The perfect bass
- Rock Concerts
Comments about Spector NS-5XL USA 5-String Electric Bass:
This is one of those basses that will make you say "whoa!" The feel of the wood is very articulate. There has been so much attention to detail in the creation of this bass. The sound has such a growl to it and can be used in any genre of music. I play this beast through a Dark Glass B7K and an Ampeg SVT-4 PRO with an 8-10 Ampeg Cab. The tone is to die for. I had played and compared this along with a high end Warwick and this blew it out of the water. You will not find a better bass out there. Buy one today.