- J49871 000001000 J49871000001000
Sterling by Music Man SUB Series StingRay 4 Electric Bass Guitar
- Write a Review
The Ray 4, with its unforgettable teardrop pickguard, classic control plate with active 2-band EQ and top mount output jack, is not only a superior c...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Iconic looks and sound at an amazing value.
The Ray 4, with its unforgettable teardrop pickguard, classic control plate with active 2-band EQ and top mount output jack, is not only a superior choice for the first-time player, but has garnered a cult-like following among seasoned veteran bassists for its amazing sound and playability at an unbelievable price.
Case sold separately.
- Shape: Info not available
- Wood: Maple
- Neck joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 34 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Gloss
- Active or passive pickups: Active
- Pickup configuration: HH
- Neck: Humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Humbucker
- Brand: Music Man
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Active preamp: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: Info not available
- Fret size: Info not available
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut material: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.49 in. (38 mm)
- Neck width at 12 fret: 2.16 in. (55 mm)
- Cutaway: Double cutaway
- Construction: Solidbody
- Body wood: Basswood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, 2-band EQ
- Pickup switch: No
- Coil tap or split: No
- Tone switching: No
- Special switching: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Adjusto-Matic
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 4
- Pickguard: Yes
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: Info not available
Call or click to order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Feel
- Poor Pick Up
Comments about Sterling by Music Man SUB Series StingRay 4 Electric Bass Guitar:
I purchased this bass on a whim while at our local guitar shop. The price was right, I always wanted a Stingray styled instrument, and I wanted a beater spare.
The Good: Overall, lot's of bang for the buck here. It came out of the box setup perfectly, and quite frankly I was SHOCKED at how ultra low the action was. Fit and finish were all excellent right out of the box as well.
The Bad: The only downside to this bass are the electronics. The pre-amp is simply horrid. Boosting the bass side of the 2 band eq even the slightest amount results in distorted tones. Even with the pickup lowered as far as it would go, I just couldn't boost the EQ without experiencing some amount of distortion. If you check the popular bass forums this is a known problem with the Sub model Stingrays. I'm going to try pulling the pre-amp altogether and run the pickup passively. If that doesn't work, I've already decided it's worth springing for a new Seymour Duncan replacement system.
All in all, it's a solid bass for the price. It plays better than many of the more expensive basses I've owned.