- H87990 000000000 H87990000000000
Hal Leonard Expressions Of Freedom Complete (Anthlogy of African American Spirituals) by Rene Boyer-Alexander (Orff)
- Write a Review
The history of the African American people was one of physical hardship and emotional anguish, yet the music arising from this struggle - the spiritu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The history of the African American people was one of physical hardship and emotional anguish, yet the music arising from this struggle - the spiritual - was one of deeply-felt emotion. This collection of spirituals, arranged by Rene Boyer-Alexander for voices and Orff instruments, is much more than a mere song collection. It is a chronicle of expression that will enrich and uplift both children and adults in classrooms, choirs, community gatherings and churches. In three volumes or one complete edition, it includes arrangements of over 55 songs, historical background, suggested program uses and cultural connections.
Available: Volume I, Volume II, Volume III, Complete Edition. For all ages.
- Song List:
- Ain't Gonna Grieve (Traditional)
- All God's Children Got Shoes
- All Night, All Day
- Angel Band
- Behold That Star
- Chatter Wid De Angels
- Children Go Where I Send Thee
- Deep River
- Didn't My Lord Deliver Daniel?
- Do Lord
- Dry Bones
- Elijah Rock
- Every Time I Feel The Spirit
- Ezekiel Saw The Wheel
- Follow The Drinkin' Gourd
- Free At Last
- Git On Board
- Go Down, Moses
- Go, Tell It On The Mountain
- Good News
- He's Got The Whole World In His Hands
- Hold On
- Hold Out Your Light
- I Want Jesus To Walk With Me
- I Want To Be Ready
- I'm Goin' Home On The Morning Train
- I'm Gonna Sing When The Spirit Says Sing
- I'm Trampin'
- I've Been 'Buked
- In Bright Mansions Above
- In That Great Gettin' Up Morning
- Joshua (Fit The Battle Of Jericho)
- Little David, Play On Your Harp
- Mary Had A Baby
- No Hiding Place
- Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen
- Now Let Me Fly
- Oh Freedom
- Oh Lord, I Want Two Wings
- Oh Mary
- Oh Won't You Sit Down?
- Oh, What a Beautiful City (Boatner)
- The Old Ark's A-Moverin'
- Old Zion's Children March.Along
- Rise And Shine
- Rise Up, Shepherd, And Follow
- Rock-A-My Soul
- Roll De Ol' Chariot Along
- Sit Down Servant
- Somebody's Knocking At Your Door
- Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child
- Standin' In The Need Of Prayer (Standing In The Need Of Prayer)
- Steal Away (Steal Away To Jesus)
- Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
- This Little Light Of Mine
- This Train
- Wade In The Water
- Walk Together, Children
- Wheel's A-Turnin'
- When The Saints Go Marching In
- Who Built The Ark?
Expressions Of Freedom Complete (Anthlogy of African American Spirituals) by Rene Boyer-Alexander (Orff)
- Inventory #HL 09970235
Series: Expressive Art (Choral)
Composer: Rene Boyer-Alexander
Arranger: Rene Boyer-Alexander