Denis Wick is pleased to set a new standard in brass instrument lubrication with innovative new product. Developed in association with trumpet expert Will Spencer, Denis Wick Advanced Formula Valve Oil is already acclaimed as a favorite by many leading brass players. It gives modern valves a very silky feel, is exceptionally long-lasting and remains unaffected by extreme weather conditions, so no more problems of slow, sticky valves in hot weather due to evaporation.
Its lack of residue makes it a great favorite amongst horn-players, who don't want to be taking valves apart to clean out gunky residue.
Its ability to carry on lubricating between applications makes it the most useful oil for instruments where evaporation can be a problem, such as the tuba, euphonium, and instruments with Thayer valves.
The oil is light and fast, and works equally well in piston and rotary valves. Its special properties work in the smallest piccolo trumpets and the largest tubas
The chemical name of PTFE is Polytetrafluoroethylene, and it is the most slippery substance on earth. It is found in many everyday usages such as non-stick pans, Gore-Tex rainwear and in dental floss. Its unique properties transform ordinary valve oil into an extraordinary lubricant, the microscopic particles acting as minute ball-bearings.
Exceptionally long-lasting oil that is unaffected by extreme weather conditions.
- Fast, long-lasting oil with a very silky feel
- Microscopic particles of PTFE carry on lubricating long after other valve oils have evaporated
- PTFE - the most slippery substance on earth
- Formulation includes a special anti-evaporation agent
- Virtually odourless
- Special bottle with built-in UV filter to protect from sunlight
- No residue
- Especially useful for tuba and euphonium players, and for trombonists using Thayer and other large valves, as there is no need for constant re-application due to evaporation
- Excellent value
- Suitable for all piston and rotary valves
- Developed in collaboration with trumpet specialist Will Spencer
Protect your horn and play your best!
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Good Quality
Comments about Denis Wick Valve Oil:
This is a great oil, maintaining good moisture on valves of my Bach flugel horn, known for its stubborn valves. However, the plastic of the container is much too brittle. I dropped an unopened bottle and it snapped off at the neck, as a glass container might have. It made for a messy clean-up!