- 502384 000420000 502384000420000
Yamaha YSL-891Z Custom Series Trombone
- Write a Review
The Yamaha YSL-891Z Custom Series Trombone was developed with famous trombonists Wycliffe Gordon and Andy Martin. A lightweight trombone, this instru...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The Yamaha YSL-891Z Custom Series Trombone was developed with famous trombonists Wycliffe Gordon and Andy Martin. A lightweight trombone, this instrument is great for jazz or commercial playing.The YSL-891Z has a .508 responsive bore and a yellow brass one-piece hand hammered bell. This trombone features two interchangeable leadpipes. The New York leadpipe was developed with Wycliffe Gordon and is considerably longer. The shorter Los Angeles leadpipe was formed in conjunction with Andy Martin. With a mouthpiece and wood case, the Yamaha YSL-891Z Custom Series Trombone is a complete set. It is available in a lacquer finish.
YSL-891Z Custom Series Trombone
- Key: Bb
- Bore: .508-inch
- Leadpipe: Two Interchangeable--NY (Longer) and LA (Shorter)
- Leadpipe Material: Yellow Brass
- Bell: 8-inch One-Piece Hand-Hammered
- Bell Material: Yellow Brass
- Handslide: Standard
- Handslide Material: Yellow Brass Outer Drawn and Chrome-Plated Nickel Silver Inner Drawn
- F Attachment Wrap: N/A
- F Attachment Valve: N/A
- Features: Interchangeable Leadpipes; Lightweight Design
- Case: SLC-891Z Wood Case
- Mouthpiece: 45C2
- Mouthpiece Shank: Small
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy Tone Production
- Fun To Play
- Jazz Clubs
- Small Venues
Comments about Yamaha YSL-891Z Custom Series Trombone:
In Dec '12 I upgraded to the 891 from a nice intermediate Yamaha horn. (I went with the 8" bell and .508" bore on this model over the slightly smaller 897, although I never played it.) Fit and finish differences of pro models are minimal, but this horn plays effortlessly and provides very lovely tone production using a variety of small (46/12C) and large (51/5G) mouthpieces. I plan to use it for trombone quartet and mixed brass jazz ensemble in small venues for good projection; stick with my large bore for classical quintet, symphony, and church venues. The finish on the bell was a bit inconsistent; perhaps some irregular hand buffing that resulted in a few dull and scratchy areas prior to laquering (minor quality control issue?) I personally can't notice the difference in the two leadpipes but perhaps a true afficionado might. The locking case is compact and asymmetrical; nicely made, but I would have preferred a symmetrical design with a bit more room for small items. Overall a high quality package.