- Product 240345
Fostex CR500 CD-R/RW Master Recorder
- Write a Review
For mastering purposes, the Fostex CR500 recorder offers the world-first direct BWF recording onto UDF formatted CDs at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A mastering recorder with strong playback features.
For mastering purposes, the Fostex CR500 recorder offers the world-first direct BWF recording onto UDF formatted CDs at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. The file is fully compatible with PC workstations with data transfers requiring a simple copy and paste procedure instead of realtime audio ripping. In addition, the CR500 master recorder is ideal for DAT archiving in the standard 16-bit/48kHz format.
On the playback side, the Fostex CR500 recorder offers many useful functions such as Instant Play, Fader Start, built-in memory for cue point and program play per each disk (up to 100 discs), for versatile applications such as event playback, stage playback as well as broadcast playback.
- CD-DA and BWF (stereo poly-file)* (on UDF) file format recording
- Complies to CD-DA, ISO9660 (playback only) and UDF (v1.02) disk format
- AES/EBU or S/PDIF digital I/O
- Analog XLR (+4dBu/-10dBV selectable) and unbalanced RCA I/)
- Fader Start function for broadcast use
- Instant Play for event applications
- USB port on the front panel for connecting an off-the-shelf USB keyboard for file name editing, and simple transport controlling.
- Program play up to 9 songs per disc
- 10 memory points per disc
- Internal memory for up to 100 discs, programs and memories
- Power On Play functions good for event and installation applications
- Rotary encoder for quick access to the setup menu
- Direct track selection by 10 key
An essential for critical recording and playback needs. Order today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fostex CR500 CD-R/RW Master Recorder:
This is exactly what I had been waiting for in my studio. I took the plunge with the price and I expected nothing less because of it. I work with as much outboard gear as I can before my music gets dumped into a computer. I have made recordings on computers in the pro studio...so I'm not saying computers are bad, I just don't prefer them. This piece of gear is an excellent way to put my music on CD so I can check out how it sounds in the car right after I finish with my creative sessions on the main rig. I like the hands on of the outboard gear as it helps me get an idea of each step in the recording process right in front of my eyes. It has also forced me to learn about each step of the process and not rely on software to "fix" my mix. I got my CR500 recorder yesterday, and had it installed in my rack with a .wav file burned and uploaded to my computer media players in less than 15 minutes. Really, I just set the levels, hit record, hit eject then enter, and I had a professional quality copy of my mix. It really was that easy. Thanks Fostex, please keep producing excellent outboard gear, computers require too much upgrading and maintenance for a studio application. That's not the wagon I ride on! I want to create, engineer, and produce from a hands-on (creative) perspective.