- H73917 000000000 H73917000000000
Crown Sound Grabber II PZM Condenser Microphone
- Write a Review
The Crown Sound Grabber II is a Pressure Zone Microphone that works great with camcorders, picking up clearer sound than built-in microphones. Other ...Read More
The Crown Sound Grabber II is a Pressure Zone Microphone that works great with camcorders, picking up clearer sound than built-in microphones. Other uses include "no-fuss" music recording just place it on the floor near the musical ensemble. Because the PZM is placed on a flat surface, it doesn't suffer from comb-filtering issues that occur with spot or room miking when sounds bounce of walls, ceilings, or floors. Powered by a 1.5V AAA battery, the Sound Grabber II includes a permanently attached cable with a 1/8" phone plug. The microphone's unbalanced output connects directly to a miniature cassette recorder. A 1/4" phone-plug adapter is provided.
The Crown Sound Grabber II is an updated version of the original Sound Grabber. It utilizes the same Pressure Zone Microphone technology in which sound waves reinforce themselves in the area nearest a flat surface, usually referred to as the "boundary."
Top recording engineers all over the world are using professional versions of the Crown PZM (Pressure Zone Microphone) to improve the quality of their recordings. The Sound Grabber II is one version of that technology, designed to meet the needs of the home or business recordist and bring the benefits of PZM technology within the reach of many more people. Because of this new technology, Sound Grabber II offers you the opportunity for vast improvement in the quality of your recordings.
The Sound Grabber II will pick up sounds at distances you never thought possible with a clarity that other microphones, simply cannot match, due to the limitations of their construction. The Sound Grabber II does not need to follow the action, since it has a wide-angle pickup pattern. So long as the mic "sees" the sound, in whatever direction or angle, it will pick it up clearly; it does not need to be between you and the other person. Speakers or vocalists can move freely around the Sound Grabber II without their tone quality changing due to the effects of comb filtering. (Comb filtering is the arbitrary cancelling or reinforcement of frequencies due to physical qualities of the environment in regard to placement of the mic in the space.)
Tip: Two PZM mics back to back make a great stereo pair.
Pressure zone microphone for budget applications such as recording conferences and speeches.
- PZM design makes the sound clearer and more natural
- Ideal for recording conferences, interviews, home videos
- AAA battery powered
- Medium-impedance unbalanced output
- 1/4" phone, 3.5mm phone, or 2.5 mm phone connector
Say goodbye to comb filtering. Get clean, natural, recordings the professional way with Sound Grabber II PZM miking. Order today!
Sound Grabber II PZM Condenser Microphone
- Transducer: Electret condenser
- Frequency response (typical): 50Hz to 16kHz
- Polar pattern: Hemispherical (half-omni) on a large
- Impedance: 1,600 ohm, unbalanced; recommended minimum load impedance 10,000 ohm
- Open-circuit Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-54 dBV/Pa)
- Power sensitivity: -42 dBm
- Equivalent noise level (self noise): 21 dB SPL typical,
- A-weighted (0 dB = .0002 dyne/cm2)
- S/N ratio: 73 dB at 94 dB SPL
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL produces 3% distortion
- Cable: 10' with mini phone plug, 1/4" phone plug and micro phone plug adapters
- Power: One 1.5V AAA alkaline battery
- Battery life: Approximately 45 days
- Current drain: 0.5 mA
- Materials: High-impact plastic housing.
- Finish: Satin black
- Weight: 4 oz. (115 grams)
- Included accessories: 1.5V AAA battery, 1/4" phone plug adaptor, 3.5 mm to 2.5 mm adaptor