- Product H70022
Shure Beta 181/Bi Instrument Mic
- Write a Review
The Shure Beta 181/BI Instrument Mic is a Shure Beta RPM181/Pre preamp fitted with a Shure RPM181/BI bidirectional capsule. The RPM181/BI capsule is ...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A versatile ultra-compact Instrument mic fitted with an bidirectional capsule.
The Shure Beta 181/BI Instrument Mic is a Shure Beta RPM181/Pre preamp fitted with a Shure RPM181/BI bidirectional capsule. The RPM181/BI capsule is ideal for mono drum overheads, and dual instrument sound source applications.
The Shure Beta 181 a multipurpose instrument microphone and can be used on a wide variety of applications including guitars, bass and drums (overheads and snares). It has a small diaphragm design that provides superior audio with textbook polar responses in a form factor compact enough to get close to the source in the tightest conditions. The Beta 181 has a precision-engineered, side-address design that features an innovative locking ring to provide secure connection between capsule and preamplifier with integrated XLR connections.
There are four different capsules available for the Beta 181 microphone: Cardioid (RPM181/C), Supercardioid (RPM181/S), Bi-directional (RPM181/BI), Omni-directional (RPM181/BI). This makes the Beta 181 an extremely versatile and cost-effective mic that allows the user to interchange capsules according to the application. (Additional capsules sold separately). Comes with mic clip, zippered carrying case, and windscreen.
This microphone requires phantom power and performs best with a 48 Vdc supply (IEC-61938). However, it will operate with slightly decreased headroom and sensitivity with supplies as low as 11 Vdc.
- Premier live performance microphone with Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability
- Small diaphragm design provides superior audio with textbook polar responses
- The RPM181/BI capsule is ideal for mono drum overheads, and dual instrument sound source applications
- Side-address form allows for discreet positioning in tight performance and recording settings
- Frequency response tailored for wide dynamic range for use in high SPL environments
- Compact preamp attaches to four interchangeable capsules for custom flexibility (capsules sold separately)
- Innnovative locking ring provides a secure connection between capsule and preamp
- Hardened steel mesh grille resists denting, wear, and abuse
- Compact design, under 12 cm (5 in.), reduces stage clutter
- Furnished with stand adapter and carrying case
Order a great mic for recording two sound sources!
Beta 181/Bi Instrument Mic
- Cartridge Type: Electret Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Bidirectional
- Frequency Response: 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Output Impedance: 110 Î©
- Sensitivity (open circuit voltage, @ 1 kHz, typical: â51.0 dBV/Pa (2.6 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD)
- 2500 Î© load: 156.0 dB SPL
- 1000 Î© load: 153.5 dB SPL dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 71.0 dB
- Dynamic Range:
- 2500 Î© load: 133.0 dB dB
- 1000 Î© load: 130.5 dB
- Clipping Level @ 1 kHz, 1% THD:
- 2500 Î© load: 10.5 dBV
- 1000 Î© load: 7.5 dBV
- Self Noise (equivalent SPL,A-weighted, typical): 22.5 dB SPL-A
- Common Mode Rejection (20 to 20,000 kHz): Â±55 dB
- Polarity: Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
- Power Requirements 11â52 V DC phantom power (IEC-61938): 2.4 mA, maximum
- Net Weight 145 g (5.1 oz.)
- Mic dimensions (Length x Diameter):
- 4.40 in. x .80 in., (124.46 x 20.32mm)
- Capsule width: 1.36" (34.54mm)