- Product 240276
AKG HEARO 999 Audiosphere II Digital Wireless Headphones
- Write a Review
AKG HEARO 999 Audiosphere II's are connoisseur wireless headphones that deliver unrivaled versatility and and a stunning surround listening experienc...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Enjoy breathtaking sound without wires!
AKG HEARO 999 Audiosphere II's are connoisseur wireless headphones that deliver unrivaled versatility and and a stunning surround listening experience. Featuring digital radio transmission and antenna diversity for absolutely noise-free reception without drop-outs, these AKG headphones are fitted with a Dolby digital decoder. The emphasis is on customization, from adjusting the sound to your taste, tweaking the head-shape, to fine-tuning the sound presets. Audiosphere II headphones are unbeatable for late-night movie watching or for experiencing surround sound anywhere in the house. HEARO 999's are also ideal for pro studio engineers who want to develop a personal reference sound adjusted to their own ears and use it in any control room.
HEARO 999 Audiosphere II headphones are suitable for all analog and digital audio sources (TV/video/DVD/DVD(A)/Hi-Fi/(SA)CD/PC/game consoles) as well as for high-resolution media such as DVD(A) and SACD. The transmitter uses AKG's IVA technology to achieve a natural, 3-D listening experience, and you can choose between surround and stereo modes. In stereo mode you can select 3 different room simulators. ACS ensures virtually perfect synchronization of sound and picture. Several sets of headphones can be operated simultaneously from a single transmitter, and an integrated headphone amplifier gives you the option of using hardwire headphones at the same time. And with the VMAx virtual loudspeaker sound, you can even enjoy surround sound with conventional stereo loudspeakers.
The HEARO 999 Audiosphere II also features a swiveling external antenna for reliable transmission plus optical and coaxial digital input jacks. One of the reasons for the excellent hi-fi acoustics of these high-end wireless headphones is the XXL capsule using Varimotion technology and computer-optimized membrane geometry. This ensures a clear sound, even at high volumes. The phones sport a high-quality finish with an unbreakable metal hoop, exclusive leather headband, comfortable leatherette and soft velour ear cup pads, and a balance control for individual left/right volume adjustment. The included, rechargeable NiMh batteries deliver around 5 hours of wireless listening enjoyment. Radio transmission ensures optimal reception even through walls and ceilings with a range of up to 165' (under ideal transmission conditions, free-field).
- 2 AAA NiMh 1.2V rechargeable batteries
- 6V 1000mA charging power supply
- Power supply 12V 800mA
- Mini to 1/4" stereo adapter jack
- Optical digital cable
- Stereo RCA/mini jack cable (5')
- Stereo RCA/RCA cable (3.3')
- 2 ear pad replacements
- Aluminum carrying case
- Integrated Dolby Surround Pro-Logic and Dolby Digital decoder.
- 6 individually-selectable ear matching curves (Customizes sound to match your ears and head-shape).
- 4 sound presets to choose from: Norm/Music/Movie/Voice, each with 3 settings for fine tuning.
- Digital radio transmission (absolutely noise-free).
- Performance equals that of quality high-end hardwired headphones
- Digital antenna diversity guarantees drop-out free reception
- Fast battery charging: less than 2 hours
- Type: Semi-open, circumaural dynamic headphones
- Inputs analog: RCA, digital: 1 x optical, 1 x coaxial (selectable)
- Outputs: L/R RCA jacks, 1/4" TRS jack for hardwired headphones
- Digital signal processing: 24-bit, 150 MIPS
- Digital/analog converter: Transmitter A/D/A converters: 20-bit, 44.1/48 kHz; receiver D/A converter: 18-bit, 44.1/48kHz
- Max. SPL: approx. 104 dB SPL
- Audio bandwidth: 18Hz to 24kHz
- Carrier frequency: 864MHz (LPD band)
- RF output: 10mW ERP (Equivalent Radiated Power)
- THD: <1%
Range approx. 50m (165 ft.) under ideal transmission conditions (free field)
- Transmission technology: minimum-delay ACS encoding and digital antenna diversity receiver
- Batteries: 2 - 1.2 V, 600 mAh AAA size NiMh rechargeable batteries included
- Battery life: approx. 5 hours (NiMh batteries) per charge
- Transmitter power supply: 12 VDC/800 mA AC adapter
- Connecting cable: RCA to RCA stereo cable, optical digital cable, RCA to mini jack stereo cable (5 ft. long)
- Adapter: Stereo mini to 1/4" jack
- Net weight headphones: 350 g (12.4 oz.); transmitter: 590 g (1.3 lbs.)
- Special features: VMAx; Dolby Surround Pro-Logic and Dolby Digital decoders; digital radio link using digital antenna diversity receiver; ear matching curves; external swiveling transmitting antenna; IVA processing