- Musician's Friend Best Selection, Price & Service. Guaranteed.
Need Help? Call our Gear Heads at 800-449-9128Private Reserve Guitars 866-926-1923
Need Help? Call our Gear Heads at 800-449-9128
Upgrades previous version to 7
Reason 7 Upgrade — Whatever your music needs, Reason has a rack for that Integrate your hardware MIDI gear with Reason's rack. Record guitar, drums and vocals. Slice, quantize and tweak the timing of your recordings to perfection, and turn them into REX files for further creative possibilities. Reason has a rack for instruments.
Mix your music while you are making it. With the most frequently used parts of Reason's million-dollar mixing console accessible directly from the rack, a new spectrum analyzer with visual EQ controls and new parallel and group mix channels, Reason has a rack for mixing.
Users have always praised Reason for unlocking their creative flow. With new hard-hitting loops and drum kits expanding its rich collection of sounds, and the new Audiomatic Retro Transformer effect adding instant vintage flavor to your tracks, Reason has a rack to inspire.
Buy this upgrade if you own any of the following products:
• Reason (version 1–6.x)
• Reason Student/Teacher
• Balance with Reason Essentials
Note: Reason Essentials, Reason Limited and Reason Adapted owners should get the "Reason for Limited/Adapted/Essentials" upgrade.
New in Reason version 7
With its studio-grade mixing console, Reason was already a mix engineer's dream. Several new enhancements make mixing in Reason even faster and better. Group your tracks, and even group your mixer groups to process them together. Create parallel channels with a single click for separate processing—for quick New York style parallel compression and other tricks used by leading mix engineers today.
For increased control of your mixes, Reason now has a built-in spectrum analyzer window, giving you instant visual feedback on the selected channel or bus. Additionally the spectrum analyzer window is a remote control for the mixer's renowned EQ—letting you easily adjust the EQ on your tracks from anywhere in the program.
In Reason 7, the most crucial mixer controls are available in the rack, too. Each audio and mix channel device in the rack now has controls for level, pan, solo and mute, further speeding your workflow.
Easy-to-use, infinitely tweakable and with a sound to fit any style, Reason's instrument lineup continues to inspire. Reason 7 expands the Factory Sound Bank, with new hard-hitting drum loops and a wide range of new drum kits. Big room house, dubstep and even metal. It's all there. With the ever-increasing number of Rack Extensions, the palette of instruments, effects, rack utilities and sounds available for Reason keeps growing every day.
Increasing Reason's expandability even more, version 7 introduces MIDI out and MIDI clock sync. Bring the sound of your favorite hardware synths and beat machines into the Reason rack, sequence your hardware from Reason and take control over your synths' every little parameter with the easy-to-use automation that Reason offers. Record and mix your hardware synths using Reason's full array of mixing tools.
Reason 7 also adds expanded audio editing capabilities for more musical treatment of recorded audio. Record your guitar and let Reason detect all transients in your recording, then slice it up automatically. Move the slices around with automatic stretching, or quantize your recording for a different feel. For even more sound mangling options, convert your recordings to REX files and play them back in Kong or Dr. Octo Rex.
For importing your own sound files into Reason, there is now support for more audio import formats, including mp3, wma and aac, to make it easier to import tracks from your music library, from the web or from friends.
Users tell us again and again that two of the most important aspects of Reason is that it is fun and inspiring. As a creativity boost, Reason 7 comes with Audiomatic Retro Transformer—a psycho-acoustic future retro effect with plenty of personality. Add Audiomatic to any channel or group and select a snapshot to instantly change the sound of your track.
• Kong Drum Designer
• Thor polysonic synthesizer
• NN19 sampler
• NN-XT advanced sampler
• Malström graintable synthesizer
• Dr. Octo Rex loop player
• Redrum pattern-based drum machine
• Subtractor analog subtractive synthesizer
• ID-8 songwriter's toolbox
• Combinator, for building chains of instruments, effects, and pattern sequencers.
• Alligator triple-channel pattern-based gate
• Pulveriser distortion, compressor and envelope follower module
• The Echo high-quality stereo echo
• Neptune pitch corrector and voice synthesizer
• Audiomatic Retro Transformer
• Line 6 POD® virtual guitar amplifier
• Line 6 POD® virtual bass amplifier
• RV-7 digital reverb
• DDL-1 digital delay line
• D-11 foldback distortion
• ECF-42 envelope-controlled filter
• DF-101 chorus/flanger
• PH-90 phaser
• COMP-01 compressor
• PEQ2 2-band EQ
• RV7000 advanced reverb
• Scream 4 Sound Destruction Unit
• BV512 vocoder with 4 to 512 bands and equalization
• UN16 unison
• 4-band mastering EQ
• Dual band stereo imager
• Stereo compressor with sidechain input, soft-knee mode and CV out
• Maximizer with look-ahead and soft clip
Modeled mixing console with complete channel strip for every instrument and audio channel
• 4-band EQ
• 8 Send effects slots
• Insert effect slot
• Dynamics section with compressor and gate
• Lo-pass and hi-pass filter
• Spectrum analyzer
• Master compressor with sidechain input
• Group channels
• Parallel channels
• Unlimited audio recording and instrument channels
• Rack Extension technology lets you expand your collection of instruments and effects with the devices you want
• Comes with a huge factory sound bank, with patches for all Reason's devices, samples and loops
• Fully featured high-precision multitrack sequencer with Blocks mode and audio comping tools
• High-quality realtime time stretch and audio transpose
• Audio slicing and audio quantize—correct the timing of your audio recordings
• Convert recorded or imported audio in the sequencer into REX loops for further sound manipulation
• MIDI instrument output—control synths, samplers and keyboards from Reason's sequencer
• MIDI clock output—sync hardware to Reason
• Advanced exporting—export your separate mixer channels as individual audio stems, including effects and tempo track
• Live sampling on all Sampler devices
• RPG-8 Monophonic Arpeggiator
• ReGroove Mixer real-time groove console
• Matrix pattern-based sequencer
• 14:2 mixer w/ EQ and effects send/return
• 6:2 channel stereo line mixer
• Spider Audio Merger & Splitter
• Spider Control Voltage Merger & Splitter
• Remote mapping to external MIDI controllers and hardware control surfaces
• ReWire support
• Supports all major file formats—from wav and aiff to mp3 and more
• Realtime sample rate and bit depth conversion allows for importing any audio into Reason without issues
• Multicore support and 64-bit compatibility makes Reason fast and powerful on any computer
*All product names used are trademarks of their respective owners, and in no way constitutes an association or affiliation with Propellerhead Software. The SSL and/or Solid State Logic trademarks are solely used to identify the products whose sound was studied during Propellerhead Software’s sound modeling development. The trademarks SSL and Solid State Logic are owned by Red Lion 49 Limited.
Line 6 and POD are registered trademarks of Line 6, Inc. used under license. All rights reserved.
Order now and get your Reason up to date.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about Propellerhead Reason 7 Upgrade:
great music machine. Was a bit complicated to upload if you don't remember your passwords or username for their website of your previous registry. however, I did get to contact propellerhead and my problem was solved. great value and software for the price.
Comments about Propellerhead Reason 7 Upgrade:
I just started using Reason 6.5 summer of 2012. I was using Reason for rhythmic and beat making ideas. However, all my audio and professional recording was done using Pro Tools and using NI Komplete 8.
So I invested in 'Going Pro with Reason 6.5' which helped me figure out more functionality with Reason. Then getting an email regarding the release of 7 I decided to beta test. Ran into some minor initial bugs, but have been extremely happy with the new audio editing functions. This would be my main DAW if they offered NI rack extensions. But this is my go to 75% of the time because of the stability.
If they ever offer NI Maschine integration and its my one and only DAW.