- J44471 000000000 J44471000000000
Ludwig Classic Maple Salesman Sample 3-Piece Shell Pack
- Write a Review
Created in the 50's and 60's for traveling road reps, the 'Salesman Sparkle' kit was a rare showpiece for Ludwig's rainbow of available finishes. Re-...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic Ludwig kit and color scheme recreated for The Black Keys' Patrick Carney.
Created in the 50's and 60's for traveling road reps, the 'Salesman Sparkle' kit was a rare showpiece for Ludwig's rainbow of available finishes. Re-imagined with Classic Maple shells for the modern arena stage by Black Keys' drummer, Patrick Carney, this Salesman kit reflects the classic styling of the original with modern sonic thunder.
Classic Maple's standard 7-ply, 6mm shell is formulated for optimum resonance and tonality. Its center three-ply core panel (laminated in a horizontal/vertical/horizontal grain bond to a 2.4mm thickness,) is inserted between inner and outer two-ply panels through a proprietary Radio Frequency Shell Technology (R.F.S.T.) molding process. Each drum's bearing edge is cut to a 45-degree angle within 1/16" from the outside edge. This edge is hand-sanded to the craftsman's touch to assure a smooth, even, flat surface for easy head seating; the final touch to complete the unmistakable Ludwig Sound.
To increase stability through out the drum, all Ludwig USA shells are produced using a process involving their original bladder molds, R.F.S.T.'s unique bonding system—combined with a specialized, time-tested adhesive—cures each shell evenly over the entire surface of the shell. This process is truly a principal ingredient in creating the "Ludwig Sound" in every shell they make.
These drums are fitted with Ludwig's renowned Mini-Classic Lugs, suspended A.T.L.A.S Mounts and undrilled virgin bass drum for optimum resonance, Elite Spurs for a stable low-end and Cast Brass Badges. Snare, cymbals and hardware (and tom stand) sold separately.
- Re-imagined with Classic Maple shells for Black Keys' drummer, Patrick Carney
- Standard 7-ply, 6mm shell
- Proprietary Radio Frequency Shell Technology (R.F.S.T.) molding process
- 45-degree bearing edge
- Fitted with Ludwig's renowned Mini-Classic Lugs
- Suspended A.T.L.A.S Mounts
- Undrilled virgin bass drum for optimum resonance
- Elite Spurs for a stable low-end
Tradition, craftsmanship and visionary excellence. Order it today!
- Bass Drum(s): 24 x 14 in.
- Tom(s): 13 x 9 in.
- Floor Tom(s): 16 x 16 in.
- Snare: Not Applicable
- Total Pieces: 3
- Hardware: Not included
- Cymbals: Not included
- Shell Material: Maple
- Construction: 7-Ply
- Thickness (mm): 6.0
- Bearing Edge: 45°
- Reinforcement Ring: Not Applicable
- Material: Steel
- Mounts: Suspended
- Hoops: Triple-flange
- Lugs: Low-Mass
- Heads: Branded
- Finish Type: Wrap
- Country of Origin: United States
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.