- Product 491070
Trick Drums AL13 Tom Drum
14 x 12 in. Black Cast
- Write a Review
This Trick black-finish tom drum was cast from Trick's special resonant alloy--AL13. Trick's material comes certified from the mill, and guarantees ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The best thing to happen to drums since wood!
This Trick black-finish tom drum was cast from Trick's special resonant alloy--AL13. Trick's material comes certified from the mill, and guarantees the same hardness and thickness of every Trick drum shell to 1/8" or 3.175mm. AL13 provides the pureness of tone, resonance, durability and performance that comes standard with every drum Trick builds. Trick's design simply utilizes the natural law of physics, allowing all Trick Drums to resonate to their full potential.
Manufactured from the same AL13 shell as Trick's drum sets, Trick snare drums feature lathe-cut bearing edges, solid machined aluminum tuning lugs, precision snare beds, and electro finishes. Trick snare drums provide the player with amazing sensitivity, projection and cutting power. With simple head changes, Trick snare drums will cover every type of musical situation.
Trick Drums also feature bearing edges that are lathe-cut to an exacting double 45. This allows for superior attack, sensitivity, and faster tuning.
Launched to critical acclaim and immediate adoption by the world's leading drum makers, Trick's GS007 throw-off is the most advanced throw-off mechanism available today.
Close-tolerance machined components suspended in a special synthetic lubricant give the GS007 its effortless and fluid movement. To increase resonance and reduce the amount of material touching the shell, the GS007 contacts via two very thin rails which keeps the remainder of the body elevated.
Trick has employed the same philosophy to their butt end component as well. The GS007 throw-offs are designed not to slip or fail. They provide the user precise control of snare tension.
The patented GS007 is manufactured from solid machined metal parts consisting of billet aluminum, stainless steel, as well as hardened steel. Trick's cam-operated, helical groove design provides the user with the smoothest, quietest, most durable and road worthy throw-off ever made.
- Faster response and a more precise projection of sound than wood shells
- Trick shells are much more resonant than wood shells
- Trick shells are more consistent than wood
- Trick shells provide a much warmer tone than wood
- Trick Drums are unaffected by weather conditions
- Trick Finishes are more durable than paint
- Trick shells use no glue, separate plies, or reinforcement hoops that otherwise dampen the natural, true resonance of your drum
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Trick Drums AL13 Tom Drum:
I have owned and played the same Trick set since 1996. They have made a lot of improvemets since, but the one I have is an amazing set. They are incredibly consistent, easy to tune and sound beautiful. Great for all types of music, amazing projection.