- Product 584736
Yamaha DTX950K Electronic Drum Set
- Write a Review
This Yamaha DTX950K electronic drum set includes a KP125W kick pad, two 10" tom pads, two 12" tom pads, 12" snare pad, a RHH135 hi-hat pad, 15" cymba...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at +1-801-501-8110.Customers Also Viewed:
Yamaha's Textured Cellular Silicone pad heads: the ones to beat.
This Yamaha DTX950K electronic drum set includes a KP125W kick pad, two 10" tom pads, two 12" tom pads, 12" snare pad, a RHH135 hi-hat pad, 15" cymbal pad, and two 13" cymbal pads. The electric drum kit also includes the HXR4LD Hex Rod DTXtreme III Curved Rack System and all necessary hardware.
Kick pedal and drum throne sold separately.
The DTX-PAD: a next-generation electronic drum pad
Yamaha has been a proud and dedicated designer of acoustic drums for many years, and that's why Yamaha knows what it means for drums to feel good and to work just right during performances. In its relentless pursuit of drumming perfection, Yamaha has channeled all of its experience into the creation of a new generation of electronic drum pads. Yamaha sought the help of the world's top drummers, reflecting their detailed sense of perfection to give form to the drummer's ideal. The result of this quest for perfection is the DTX-PAD.
The Yamaha DTX-PAD achieves an exquisite feel that satisfies even the world's top drummers. The surface of the pad features a Textured Cellular Silicone Head, made using unique molding technologies developed by Yamaha. It has a different stick response for the snare and toms, which provides a natural feeling when you use the pads in a drum set. The sensitivity of the pad has dramatically increased by employing a floating design. Its durability has been proven through Yamaha's severe testing process and yet achieves a level of quietness during play that is on a different level from other contemporary e-drum pads.
Realistic cymbals and durable kick pads
This kit employs the vertically mobile RHH135 hi-hat pad. This pad is incredibly quiet, and its pedal has a natural feel. You can control different sounds with the pad and edge areas, and foot splashing is supported. It includes the HS740A hi-hat stand.
There are 2 types of cymbal pads included”the 15" PCY155 and the 13" PCY135. They both have 3 zones: the pad, edge, and cup. Each zone produces a different sound. Because sticks bounce and vibrate on these pads in almost the exact same way that they do on real cymbals, you'll get that same feeling that you do playing on an acoustic drum set. Also, you can choke the cymbal pads by grabbing their edges after you hit them.
This electric drum kit also includes a KP125W kick pad, which guarantees stable play, even when you're using a double foot pedal. A protective sheet that covers the entire drumhead makes each kick pad extremely durable.
HXR4LD Hex Rod DTXtreme III Curved Rack System
Yamaha's hexagonal tubing prevents clamps from slipping and adds strength and stability to the rack. Cymbal arms mount from front vertical tubes and clamps rotate on ball joints for superior adjustability.
This rack includes 3 - 46" curved bars, 6 HXTC tom/cymbal arms, 4 tom arms, 2 CH-750 cymbal booms, and one CH-755 cymbal boom. With available accessory clamps and tubes (sold separately) you can create any custom configuration. The matte finish resists fingerprints better than chrome.
The high-quality tone generator and superb operability of the DTX900 module
In addition to a collection of essential Yamaha acoustic drum sounds, the DTX900 also features a broad spectrum of voices taken from the world-renowned MOTIF-Series synthesizers for a grand total of 1,326 voices. Even on a live stage, these subtle, yet dynamic voices bring forth a compelling presence. The Expanded Articulation System, which creates subtly different samples even when you strike the drum with the same strength, can create more natural snare rolls and re-create the feel of a legato ride cymbal or staccato hi-hat. This module is equipped with rich and powerful DSP effects. This includes global effects, such as reverb and chorus, which can be used commonly throughout the whole system, as well as variation effects that can be used on each drum kit. It is equipped with a chain function that enables you to program drum kits freely, in any order that you desire. Even during a live performance, you can switch to another drum kit easily just by hitting a pad.
The Yamaha DTX900 also features internal recordings of 87 songs from a wide variety of genres. You can mute the drum part and play along with a song, and you can also record your own performance.
Add original sounds through sampling
The Yamaha DTX900 module is equipped with an Aux In/Sampling In connector. You can connect it to an external sound source or use a microphone and sample your own audio, from instruments to vocals. You can even load original voices from USB flash memory and assign them to different pads.
Customization enables you to create your ideal drum sound
The possibilities are limitless. You can arrange the versatile electronic drum kit as you please to create your own original drum set. You can switch to different snare or cymbal sounds, add a cowbell sound or a woodblock sound, and then you can save your settings. Next time you select the patch, your electric drum set will be just as you left it.
Versatile trigger features
The module is also equipped with a stacking feature, which plays multiple drum voices simultaneously when you hit a single pad, and an alternation feature, which changes the voice each time you hit a single pad. By combining these features, you can perform in ways that would be impossible with an acoustic drum set.
Rich training features for improving your performance skills
The drum module has a metronome feature that enables you to set precise types of clicks for different types of notes. You can change the locations of the click accents. It is also equipped with a groove check function, which checks the accuracy of your timing and tells you how off-rhythm you are, and a rhythm gate function, in which the drum only produces sound for accurate shots. This allows you to train for practice as if you were playing a game. With the Aux-In connector, you can connect a CD player, portable MP3 player, or other device and practice using any song you like.
Connect to PCs and other devices
The MIDI and USB connectors allow you to not only play sounds from an external sound source and use the high-quality sound of the DTX900 as a sound source, but to also add power to your music creation by using Digital Audio Workstation software to create a MIDI recording of your own performance. In addition, Steinberg Cubase AI 5 is included. You can use it to change parameters such as the tempo, timing, and tone of your recorded MIDI performances. The unit will also function as a MIDI-controller for VST instruments. With a free download from Yamaha's website, the DTX900 panel switches can even be used to control Cubase AI 5 and other DAWs, allowing for more streamlined music creation.
You can use the 6 Individual Out connectors to send the snare, tom, and other drum sounds to your mixer individually. You can record to a multitrack recorder easily without using the complicated miking that you would need to record from an acoustic drum set. Also, you can use the Digital Out (S/PDIF) connector to send digital quality sound from the DTX900 to an external device.
- 2 XP100T 10" tom pads
- 2 XP120T 12" tom pads
- One XP120SD 12" snare pad
- One KP125W kick pad
- One RHH135 hi-hat pad
- One PCY155 15" cymbal pad
- 2 PCY135 13" cymbal pads
- Hexagonal tubing prevents clamps from slipping and adds strength and stability
- Matte finish resists fingerprints better than chrome
- Clamps rotate on ball for superior adjustability
- Includes 3 - 46" curved bars, 6 HXTC tom/cymbal, 4 tom arms, 2 CH-750 cymbal booms, and one CH-755 cymbal boom
- Cymbal arms mount from front vertical tubes
- The electronic drum set includes all necessary hardware
- Kick pedal and throne sold separately
- Textured Cellular
- Silicone head
- Different stick response for the snare and toms
- Proven durability
- Improved sensitivity due to floating design
- Vertically mobile hi-hat pad is incredibly quiet and has a very natural feeling pedal
- Acoustic drum samples and MOTIF-Series synth sounds add up to 1,326 voices
- Expanded Articulation System makes more natural snare rolls and legato rides possible
- High-quality DSP effects include global effects and variation effects
- Chain function enables you to program drum kits freely, in any order
- Able to sample through various inputs including Aux In and USB
- Capable of triggering multiple sounds either simultaneously or sequentially on one pad
- Built-in metronome with a variety of click options
- Groove check function checks accuracy of timing and analyzes play
- Rhythm gate function only allows sounds through that are in time
- MIDI and USB connectors allow the kit to be used as a MIDI controller
- Module sliders can also be used to control Digital Audio Workstation
- Includes Cubase AI 5
- Individual Outputs allow for easy multitracking
- S/PDIF out
You won't even know you're playing an electronic kit... Order today.
- Trigger Module: DTX900
- Rack System: HXR4LD
- DTP900 Pad Set includes:
- 2 PCY135 3-zone cymbal pads
- One PCY155 3-zone cymbal pad
- One RHH135 2-zone Hi-Hat pad
- KP125W kick pad
- 2 CH750 short cymbal booms
- SS662 snare stand
- DTP902 Pad Set includes:
- One XP120SD snare pad
- 2 XP100T tom pads
- 2 XP120T tom pads
- One CH755 cymbal boom
- One HS740A hi-hat stand
- Tone Generator: AWM2
- Maximum polyphony: 64 notes
- Wave: 205MB (when converted to 16-bit linear format)
- Voices: Preset: 1,115 drum voices, 211 melody voices (GM)
- Preset: 50 kits
- User: 50 kits (in the Flash ROM)
- External: 1584 kits (or 99 x 16, in the external USB storage device)
- Reverb: 9 types
- Chorus: 19 types
- Variation: 51 types (Drum Kit)
- Insertion: 51 types (AUX In/Sampling In)
- Master Effect: 9 types
- Master EQ: 5 bands
- Trigger SetupPreset: 9
- User: 5
- Pad songs
- Play, chase, cutoff
- 4 songs (max.) can be played simultaneously.
- Note Capacity: Approx. 152,000 notes
- Note resolution: 480 ppq (parts per quarter note)
- Song recording type: Real time
- Song tracks: 2 tracks
- Demo: 3 songs
- Practice: 44 songs
- Pad song: 40 songs
- User: 50 songs
- Sequence formats: DTX900 Original Format, SMF format 0
- Tempo: 30 to 300 , Tap tempo
- Beat: 1/4 to 16/4, 1/8 to 16/8, 1/16 to 16/16
- Timing: Accent, Quarter note, Eighth note, Sixteenth note, Triplet
- Click Voices: Preset: 8, User: 1
- Training Functions: Measure break, Groove check, Rhythm gate
- Samples: 1,016 (for the User Voices)
- Sampling Source: Audio input signals via AUX In/Sampling In, Audio output signals via Output (Resample)
- Sample Data Bits: 16 bit
- Digital Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz, 22.05kHz, 11.025kHz, 5.5125kHz (stereo/mono)
- Sampling Memory: Optionally installed, expandable to 512MB (256MB DIMM x 2 slots)
- * DIMMs are not included
- Sampling Format: DTX900 Original format, WAV, AIFF
- Sample Length:
- Mono: 32MB
- Stereo: 64MB
- Sampling Time:
- 44.1kHz: 6 min. 20 sec.
- 22.05kHz: 12 min. 40 sec.
- 11.025kHz: 25 min. 20 sec.
- 5.5125kHz: 55 min. 40 sec.
- 8 sliders: master, phones, click, accompaniment, kick, snare, tom, cymbal, hi-hat, and miscellaneous
- Data dial
- Display: 240 x 64 dot graphic backlit LCD, 7-segment LED (3-digit)
- MIDI in/out
- USB to device/to host
- Output L/mono, R (standard phone jack)
- Digital out (EIAJ CP1201, IEC60958, S/PDIF)
- Individual output 1-6 (standard phone jack)
- Trigger input jacks 1 to 9, 12 to 15 (standard stereo phone jack, L: trigger signal, R: rim switch)
- Trigger input jacks 10 and 11 (standard stereo phone jack, L: trigger signal, R: trigger signal)
- Aux in/sampling in (standard stereo phone jack)
- Phones (standard stereo phone jack)
- Hi-hat control (standard stereo phone jack)
- DC in 16v
- Power Consumption: 18W
- Width: 13"
- Height: 3-3/4"
- Depth: 11-1/4"
- Weight: 8 lb.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Yamaha DTX950K Electronic Drum Set:
Having owned the Roland TD12 and this set, I definitely prefer the Yamaha. It all comes down to personal preference in the end, but the factory, bone-stock sounds kill the Roland to me (thought you can tweak both to the end of the world or use a VST) and the pads have a better feel to me too. If you only play these pads for 10 minutes you may not appreciate them, but after getting used to their feel I think you'll find them ideal for practice.
Comes with enough sound and pads to keep you busy for a LONG time.
Only owned it for about a month and everything is rock solid. The only thing I kind of worry about is the longevity of the pads. They're not replaceable like the Roland TD12 kit I used to own but the feel is much better than mesh IMO.
These top tier kits are expensive, but I feel you get what you pay for. The rack, pads, mounts, and module are all top class.