- J25899 006001001 J25899006001001
Michael Kelly Legacy Black Out F Style Mandolin
- Write a Review
The Legacy Black Out is the benchmark instrument from Michael Kelly, the culmination of fifteen years of inspiration since their first unique take on...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
See All Michael Kelly Mandolins
(Open Box) A special mandolin that bucks trends visually while staying true to it's tonal roots.
The Legacy Black Out is the benchmark instrument from Michael Kelly, the culmination of fifteen years of inspiration since their first unique take on the F-style mandolin. From its exotic woods to special inlays its part of a new trail their luthiers have blazed. The foundation of all that, however, is still in its sound. Using classic building techniques and craftsmanship the Legacy delivers that vintage mando tone in what is a very modern package.
- Body type: F-Style Mandolin
- Cutaway: Single-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid hand-carved spruce
- Back & sides: Solid hand-carved flame maple
- Bracing pattern: Info not available
- Body finish: White Out
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Info not available
- Nut width: 28.6
- Fingerboard: Radiused Rosewood
- Neck wood: North American rock maple
- Scale length: 13-7/8"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: White Out
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: None
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Bridge: Radiused Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Standard ABS
- Number of strings: 8-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Info not available
Grab this black beauty today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Tone
Comments about Michael Kelly Legacy Black Out F Style Mandolin:
This is a real step up from my A-style. Whenever I bring it out, everyone wants to try it! I'm pretty careful with my instruments, so I can't say much for it's durability, but the finish has held up, and even after 6 mos; it still looks great.
Playability: it isn't a Gibson, but at 1/100 the cost, who's comparing :) The tone is solid, and when paired with our Yamaha Guitar and Washburn Banjo, it sounds right at home.
I've played some beautiful hand-crafted instruments with thinner wood and matte-finish, but these were too fragile for public use. While the finish is thick enough to prevent picking up grime and dirt, it doesn't seem to detract from the sound.
To carry it, I used the "Musician's Gear Economy Mandolin Case for A and F Mandolins" - fits well, and has protected my mandolin from several drops.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.