- J42369 000001000 J42369000001000
Alvarez AF60SHB Folk Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
After 50 years of making guitars, continual improvement through the use of emerging technologies, processes, and materials is still at the heart of t...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Designed with the artist in mind.
After 50 years of making guitars, continual improvement through the use of emerging technologies, processes, and materials is still at the heart of the Alvarez culture. Alvarez guitars are constructed correctly in every sense, from raw material preparation to construction and manufacturing processes. Their tone woods are carefully cured; components like neck blocks and wood joints are carefully designed. The painting, sanding and polishing techniques used are continually researched and developed, and their tone is impeccably crafted and married to a stable, consistent and lively sound box.
The Artist Series sound and personality is open and powerful. For a more focused sound with fewer overtones, choose a mahogany top. For power, go for Sitka. For warmth and response to a lighter touch, choose a cedar top.
The term solid top refers to the soundboard of an acoustic guitar being made of solid wood, rather than being laminated. However, just because the top is solid, it does not necessarily mean the sound automatically benefits from this feature. The tone of the instrument only improves significantly when the whole guitar is built correctly to optimize the energy a solid soundboard can generate. Artist Series is built to do exactly this.
Each model is designed to get the best out if its components, and for them to work together to produce balance, lively projection and great response. These components include the FST2 bracing system, bi-level rosewood bridge, real bone nut and saddle, great quality tone woods and thin finish.
FST2 is a forward-shifted X-brace design, this means the axis of the X is closer to the sound hole and therefore creates a larger soundboard area allowing for more energy and vibration to be harnessed. Both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars are carefully scalloped. The scalloping design was the result of years of continual development in their Yairi workshops. FST2 also creates very good balance so both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other.
The high-gloss natural finish is flawless, carefully crafted to produce a mirror deep shine. It is fitted with the SYS250 3-band EQ with notch filter and backlit digital tuner.
Artist Series feel right and are exciting to play; no matter if you are strumming hard or picking lightly, the guitar will do what you ask of it.
- Features: Solid A+ Western Red Cedar Top Mahogany Back and Sides High Gloss Finish
- SYS250 3-Band EQ w/Tuner
- FST2M - Forward Shifted Scalloped Bracing
- Real Bone Nut and Saddle
- Rosewood and Abalone Rosette
- Bi-Level, Polished Rosewood Bridge
- Rosewood Fingerboard w/ 12th Fret Inlay
- Mahogany Neck w/Semi Gloss Finish
- Rosewood Headstock Plate
- Premium Chrome Tuners
- D’Addario EXP16’s
- 1-3/4 in. (44.45mm) nut width and 24-3/4 in. (630mm) scale length
Artist Series feel right and are exciting to play. Try one today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.