- J48708 000001000 J48708000001000
Breedlove USA Concert Fire Light E Mahogany - Mahogany Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Breedlove’s goal in designing and building the USA Concert was to craft the most textured big sound in a Breedlove Concert acoustic guitar ever in th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Relatively unadorned with quality electronics and a radically thin top for great response and projection.
Breedlove’s goal in designing and building the USA Concert was to craft the most textured big sound in a Breedlove Concert acoustic guitar ever in the lightest guitar body possible. Handcrafted in Bend, Oregon, the USA project is notable even among Breedlove’s many successful designs. Equipped with an L.R. Baggs pickup system.
Sound frequencies travel most efficiently through lighter materials. With this in mind, Breedlove designers sought a solution for the USA Series that would reduce weight and bring the acoustic guitar to life in a player’s hands. Through this search, the designers achieved the thinnest finish to date on a Breedlove; just 5 mils on top and 2 mils for the back and sides.
The tops are thinner, the backs a little thicker and the sound hole smaller, and yet they still hit the target fundamental resonant frequency for textured big sound. With minimized binding and decoration, it is available at a surprising value. Coming in at just 3.5 pounds, the Breedlove USA Series instruments are almost 25% lighter than the Breedlove Premier Concert Mahogany, which is crafted with the same wood pairings.
- Body type: Concert/O
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Back & sides: Honduran Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not specified
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Honduran mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Headstock overlay:
- Tuning machines: Nickel
- Bridge: African Ebony
- Saddle & nut:
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: United States
Lightweight, thrilling to play acoustic or amplified, and easy to own; consider ordering one soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Deep bass
- Excellent build quality
- Sparkling trebles
Comments about Breedlove USA Concert Fire Light E Mahogany - Mahogany Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
I'll be the first to say that this is how I always wanted a hog guitar to sound. It has the deep low growl on the bass end and the sparkling trebles. The mids are present but not dominant. It has the mellowed out sound that only mahogany can produce but is not muted at all. It's the best of what's good about the other two brands hogs combined. It projects well and accompanies the voice wonderfully.
I was concerned that it would be fragile considering that it states the top is thinner. This doesn't seem to be the case at all. In fact it feels just as sturdy as any other guitar I own, just a lot lighter.
The lows are deeper than my dread. The pickup is good too and replicates the natural sound nicely. It's a popular pickup so you can read those reviews too if you like.
I wasn't sure about it at first but after a set up and new strings it's now in my top two favorites of my 8 guitar collection!
- Was this a gift?: