- J23527 000001000 J23527000001000
Charvel Guthrie Govan Signature Model Flame Maple Top Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear him. After two years in meticulous development working closely...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Gorgeous tonewoods and professional features.
As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear him. After two years in meticulous development working closely with the man himself, Charvel introduce the ultimate ultra-pro guitar”the Guthrie Govan Signature model. With so many special features and high-performance appointments, it' truly the ideal expression of Govan' artistry rendered indistinctive Charvel form.
The San Dimas body has a beautiful flame maple top, with a thin clear matte finish and a specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on neck is quartersawn flame maple with a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, with graphite reinforcement and a convenient truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the compound-radius (12"-16") flame-maple fingerboard spans two octaves, with the same caramelized treatment as the neck, 24 extra jumbo stainless steel frets and special maple dot inlays with ebony borders.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom MFB pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, two notched control knobs (master volume, mastertone) with brass position markers set into thebody, recessed original-style NOS Floyd Rose tremolo bridge with Tremol-No unit and oversized brass block, bone nut, chrome hardware and 25.5" scale length.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Extra-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HSH
- Neck: MFB humbucking
- Middle: MFB single-coil
- Bridge: MFB humbucking
- Brand: Charvel
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose original
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Sperzel locking
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Signature model
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Get a guitar that's made for the stage. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.