- J27275 000001000 J27275000001000
Cordoba 55FCE Flamenco Macassar Ebony Acoustic-Electric Nylon String Flamenco Guitar
- Write a Review
Cordoba's ultimate crossover nylon-string guitar is available for a limited time as a negra model, with Macassar ebony back and sides. Handmade ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The Gypsy Kings go-to thinbody with a unique Macassar ebony body.
Cordoba's ultimate crossover nylon-string guitar is available for a limited time as a negra model, with Macassar ebony back and sides. Handmade in Spain, the 55FCE is the chosen guitar of the Gipsy Kings for its thinbody cutaway design, and slightly narrower nut width. The rich, smooth sound of Macassar ebony pairs nicely with the 55FCE's solid European spruce top for a versatile tone and striking aesthetic.
With its Fishman Prefix ProBlend onboard electronics with 3-band EQ and built-in microphone, the 55FCE Limited is stage-ready, and its thinbody design helps reduce feedback when the guitar is amplified at high volumes. With low action and little relief in the neck, this guitar offers substantial comfort and ease of playability.
The 55FCE Limited’s thinbody design and unique wood combination make it the perfect choice for exploring the nuances in sound that can only be captured with nylon strings – and bringing them to the stage. Like every Cordoba guitar, this model also has a two-way truss rod built into the neck. Other premium features include a Spanish cedar neck, ebony fingerboard, Indian rosewood binding and bridge, a clear flamenco-style tap plate, and Savarez Cristal Corum strings.
- Body type: Flamenco
- Cutaway: Single-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid European spruce
- Back & sides: Macassar ebony
- Bracing pattern: Spanish fan bracing
- Body finish: High gloss polyurethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Cutaway-electric style neck
- Nut width: 1.96" (50mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Spanish cedar
- Scale length: 25.6"
- Number of frets: 19
- Neck finish: High gloss polyurethane
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Cordoba Premium Gold Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: HumiCase Thinbody Portege Case
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
If you love the Gypsy Kings, this is a great way to get their sound. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Cordoba 55FCE Flamenco Macassar Ebony Acoustic-Electric Nylon String Flamenco Guitar:
First off, this is a very beautiful guitar. I bought the limited negra model with the Macassar Ebony wood. It's good looking front and back, the tuners are ornate and real nice looking too.
I have been playing steel stringed electric and acoustic guitars for over 30 years. However, my knowledge of flamenco and classical guitars is very little but I have always loved the sound of a nylon stringed guitar and I decided I wanted to purchase one. I finally chose this model because I loved the look of it and it is listed as having a narrower neck than traditional classical. I figured it would be easier for me to transition from the steel stringed guitars that I am used to. I think the neck a bit wide but I don't have any other nylon string guitar to compare it to. It is still easy enough to play though. The thin body is very easy to hold and play. The action was ready to play right out of the box too so I won't have to have it set up. I'm not an expert in this type of guitar but It sounds great to my ears.
I also like the idea of this guitar being made in Spain being a flamenco guitar. I am very happy with the purchase and am glad to have this Cordoba in my stable of nice guitars.
- Was this a gift?: