- J52346 000001000 J52346000001000
Cort Gold Series D6 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Cort Gold represents superior craftsmanship, the most innovative technology, premium materials and knowledge gathered over 40 years of guitar bui...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Designed with a total focus on sound.
The Cort Gold represents superior craftsmanship, the most innovative technology, premium materials and knowledge gathered over 40 years of guitar building. The Gold Series guitars use a special process called ATV (Aged To Vintage), which treats the solid sitka spruce top to produce the open tone of a decades-old, highly sought-after acoustics.
Aged to Vintage Top
A vintage instrument is the holy grail of acoustic guitar tone. The wood on the top cures and opens up more over time. This unleashes a tonal quality that is missing in new instruments — until now. Using a special process that Cort calls ATV (Aged To Vintage), it treats the solid sitka spruce top to give it that big and open tone of a decades-old, highly-sought-after acoustic. This torrefaction process delivers that amazing tone to you right out of the box.
Next, a sonically enhancing UV finish is applied to each Gold guitar that is thinner and less constrictive on the instrument. The result is the best acoustic guitar Cort has ever built that can be heard with your first strum.
Doublelock Neck Joint
The connection between a guitar’s neck and body is another key factor for great sound. On the Gold, Cort started with a tight fitting traditional dovetail neck joint. Then they reinforced it by adding a bolt. This DoubleLock neck joint maximizes the transfer of tone and enhances resonance on the Gold.
Hear the difference, and hear the details with the Cort Gold.
Includes exclusive deluxe soft-side case.
- Torrified solid Sitka spruce top
- Reinforced rosewood neck for added rigidity and stability
- Rounded fingerboard edge
- Genuine bone nut and saddle for better transfer of resonance
- Scalloped X-bracing for more top vibration
- Black binding with triple-ply purfling
Go for Gold with this Cort creation.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Mahogany
- Back and sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Hand-scalloped X
- Body finish: Sonically enhancing UV gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.3 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Not specified
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Deluxe vintage gold
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle and nut: Genuine bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Body finish
- Case: Deluxe soft-side case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.