- #J38153 000002000 J38153000002000
EKO Ranger VI Vintage Reissue Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
In 1962 EKO decided to produce a series of folk guitars, upon popular demand by Italian and foreign markets. After a thorough market research, the dr...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A no-nonsense dreadnought steeped in history.
In 1962 EKO decided to produce a series of folk guitars, upon popular demand by Italian and foreign markets. After a thorough market research, the dreadnought shape was chosen, very much in fashion in the U.S. at the time. Initially the 6-string J54 was produced. It was an immediate success due to style, playability and price. It wasn’t long until there was a demand for a 12-string version, especially in US and UK, which led to the J56, as it was named until ‘67. After just a short time, the J56 became the best-selling 12-string guitar on the market.
In 1967, both the 6-string and 12-string went through a restyle and the new versions were showcased under the names of Ranger VI and Ranger XII. EKO is continuing the tradition of the Ranger with a Vintage Reissue version as 6 and 12-string. The Ranger is the guitar that very well represents the history of EKO. A guitar that has been very important in the past, continues to be very important today and will surely become more important in the future of EKO. They bring to new life the most beautiful and interesting features used in the past, all combined together in this Ranger VI Vintage Reissue Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar that's on offer now. Case sold separately
- Body type: Parlor
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not specified
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Low profile
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 22
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Adjustable plastic saddle, Aluminum/Zero Fret nut
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body style
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Get a guitar with a great pedigree. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.