- Product 620291
Fender 2009 Special Edition American Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Now available in cool special edition vintage colors with painted headstocks, today's American Standard Telecaster guitars are worthy heirs of their ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Modern advances blended with the spirit of its legendary forerunners.
Now available in cool special edition vintage colors with painted headstocks, today's American Standard Telecaster guitars are worthy heirs of their revered ancestors. Mindful of player's needs and taking full advantage of modern advances, the 2009 Special Edition American Standard Telecaster remains completely true to the elements and spirit that made these instruments legendary in the first place. Improvements have been made to the guitar's bridge, the neck and body finish and it comes with a Fender-exclusive high-tech molded case. Of course Fender has kept the beloved hand-rolled fretboard edges, alnico V pickups, and staggered tuning machines for tone and stability guaranteed to last a lifetime. This American Standard Tele comes with molded case, cable, strap, polishing cloth, and wrenches.
- Body: Alder
- Finish: Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, modern C-shaped, (gloss headstock face with satin urethane finish on back of neck)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood 9.5" radius (241 mm)
- Scale length: 25.5"
- No. of frets: 22 medium-jumbo
- Nut: Melamine, 1.68" (42.8 mm)
- Pickups: American Tele single-coil pickups
- Master Volume, Master Delta Tone
- Pickup Switching
- 3-Position Blade:
- 1. Bridge Pickup,
- 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
- 3. Neck Pickup
- Bridge: Chrome-plated bridge plate with new American Standard bent steel saddles
- Machine Heads: Fender Deluxe staggered cast/sealed tuning machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-ply parchment
- Unique Features:
- Painted headstock, tinted neck,
- bent steel saddles with elongated string slots, chrome-plated brass bridge plate with extra mounting screws, thinner undercoat finish for improved body resonance, tinted neck ( satin finish on back, gloss finish on front), Gloss finish on headstock front with buffed fingerboard,
- rolled fretboard edges, staggered tuning keys
- Case: molded Fender/SKB Case with TSA locks, glass-reinforced nylon trigger latches, and form fitted plush interior
- Strings: Fender Standard Tension Bullet ST3250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042), p/n 073-3250-203
- Accessories: Cable, Strap, Polishing Cloth, Tremolo Arm, Wrenches
Reviewed by 5 customers
Displaying reviews 1-5
This is by far the most beautiful guitar i have ever played next to the vintage 52 tele that is my dream guitar. I absolutely loved everything about this guitar from the feel and sound to the eye candy looks of it. I am saving now and should have enough by.... next year =[ I CANT WAIT!
i picked up this tele about a week and a half ago and let me just say, its a sick guitar. i had to give up my american telecaster deluxe but it was way worth it in my opinion. i'm a huge fan of strange colors and mine is in surf green with the matching headstock and it is drop-dead gorgeous. i finally feel like i have my own axe, my signature if you will. in my opinion, it feels like any other american standard which is great and you get the added finish. great twang! it's going to be my main axe for a LONG time.
I bought this guitar on closeout from the catalog specials I recieved from another order. When the guitar arrived it had terrible string buzz. Mostly attributed to the nut not being cut properly. Since the Fender support/warranty network in my area leaves something to be desired I have been working on it myself the last few days in my spare time. I have just got it to the point where it is playing pretty good and it is very nice to play. It sounds great and looks great. I know with just a little more tweeking this guitars going to replace two of my other Tele's. It's got the looks is very light in weight and sounds great.
When I first saw this guitar, I thought it was one of those Fender Custom Shop Matching Headstock models. But then I saw the price tag. It plays and looks great. The picture doesn't really do this guitar much justice. It stays in tune pretty well and it's a great guitar if you got $ in your pocket.
I have always wanted an American Standard Tele. But when the Surf Green Tele showed up at my local music store, I fell in love. My wife found out (talking to my brother-in-law)and bought it for me for Christmas. Classic Tele sounds, great fit and finish, and lightning fast. Draws compliments like a magnet.