- Product H71857
Fender 60th Anniversary Empress Telecaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Ancient mythology holds that the fabled Phoenix bird will only land amid the branches of the Empress tree when a good ruler is in power. Lightweight ...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
Join the celebration to honor the guitar that changed popular music forever.
Ancient mythology holds that the fabled Phoenix bird will only land amid the branches of the Empress tree when a good ruler is in power. Lightweight Empress wood has long been used in the Far East for traditional stringed instruments (such as the Japanese koto and Korean gayageum zithers). The tree eventually found its way to the Southeastern United States, from which comes this amazing new super-lightweight Telecaster model.
On its 1951 introduction, the Telecaster was a revolutionary instrument that would usher in whole new eras of musical innovation and excitement. Sixty years later, in 2011, it is an archetypal electric guitar with a long and storied history. The rich history of Fender guitars begins with the Telecaster, and Fender is celebrating its 60th anniversary all year with 12 very special "Tele-bration" models that stay inside the Telecaster's famously elegant lines while offering the finest and most unusual takes on the instrument's past, present and future.
- Series: Tele-bration
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: Empress
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Fretboard: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex„¢ Truss Rod System
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series Nut
- Pickups: Hot Tele® Single-Coil Pickup with Alnico 3 Magnets (Bridge)
- Hot Tele® Single-Coil Pickup with Alnico 3 Magnets (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
- and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Greasebucket„¢ Tone Circuit (rolls off
- high without adding bass)
- Special Electronics: Greasebucket„¢ Tone Circuit (rolls off high without adding bass)
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Vintage Style 3-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele® Bridge
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Parchment (8-Hole)
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)