- Product H78883
Fender Custom Shop 1961 Stratocaster Relic Ash Masterbuilt by John Cruz
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop 1961 Stratocaster Relic Electric Guitar Master Built by John Cruz will please any Strat fan fortunate enough to strap it on. C...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A relic'd masterpiece of ash, maple, Indian rosewood and hand-wound pickups.
The Fender Custom Shop 1961 Stratocaster Relic Electric Guitar Master Built by John Cruz will please any Strat fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close inspection reveals the remarkable workmanship and attention to detail for which John of Fender Custom Shop is known. It's available in a vintage combination of Strat specs. It has a contoured ash body with a 54 maple neck sporting a "U" back shape and a compound radius. The fingerboard is dark Indian rosewood with 21 frets, leading to Vintage Fender logo tuners. Perfectly incorporating a Vintage Strat tremolo bridge, the 60-style pickguard houses three handwound Strat pickups for classic Strat tone.
John Cruz came to Fender in 1987, joined the Custom Shop in 1993 and became a Master Builder in 2003. Custom guitars are his passion, and he is the man behind several famous Custom Shop instruments, including the replica of Stevie Ray Vaughan' famous œNumber One Stratocaster guitar.
Cruz also built the limited-run Moto guitar and amp sets, worked on the ™49 Woody amp project and developed all production processes for the Rory Gallagher and Muddy Waters tribute guitars. Further, his meticulous work was essential to all aspects of the initial Custom Shop Relic guitars and basses, and he initiated the Custom Shop' quality assurance program.
Cruz has built fantastic guitars for players such as Doug Aldrich (Dio, Whitesnake), Dave Amato and Bruce Hall (REO Speedwagon), Mick Mars (M¶tley Cr¼e), Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), Bono (U2), Duff McKagan (Guns N™ Roses), Ike Turner and Brad Whitford (Aerosmith).
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Ash 1-piece
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1954 U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood Dark Indian
- Radius: Compound 7.25"-9.5"
- Fret size: Medium Stew Mac Vintage
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: Not specified
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Handwound '60s Strat
- Middle: Handwound '60s Strat
- Bridge: Handwound '60s Strat
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Vintage synchronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Relic treatment
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Cable, strap, tools, certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
You don't have to be the highest bidder to own this masterpiece. Call Private Reserve today.