- Product 520163
Fender Custom Shop '62 Heavy Relic Stratocaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
1962 was another watershed year for the Fender Stratocaster guitar. Five years of experimentation after the famous '57 electric guitar culminated in ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A fantastic Fender Custom shop recreation with the aged Heavy Relic finish treatment.
1962 was another watershed year for the Fender Stratocaster guitar. Five years of experimentation after the famous '57 electric guitar culminated in another benchmark year for the Stratocaster. Now the Fender Custom Shop limited edition '62 Heavy Relic Stratocaster recalls the vibe of its Kennedy-era progenitor.
The Fender Custom Shop limited edition '62 Heavy Relic Stratocaster includes a comfort contour select alder body, a maple neck with a "C" shape, a capped rosewood fingerboard, unique '62 pickups, three-way switching, 3-ply pickguard, Fender/Gotoh vintage style tuning machines, and an American Vintage Synchronized tremolo. The Fender Custom Shop guitar comes with hardshell case, strap, cable, ashtray bridge cover and Certificate of Authenticity.
The Fender Custom Shop "Heavy Relic" treatment creates electric guitars that are super worn-in, like your favorite pair of jeans. They show the natural wear and tear from years of heavy use ” nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.
The Fender Time Machine electric guitars pay homage to specific years of some of their classic designs. All are built to exacting specifications of their respective vintages, including body contours and radii, neck shape, fingerboard radius, pickups and electronics. Original materials, tooling and production techniques are employed on these Fender guitars wherever possible to maintain their integrity.
- Series: Fender Time Machine
- Model name: Custom Shop Limited edition '62 Heavy Relic Stratocaster
- Body: comfort contour select alder
- Finish: nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: maple, "C" shape
- Fingerboard: rosewood, 7.25", Radius (184 mm)
- No. of frets: 21 vintage style
- Pickups: 3 American Vintage '62 Stratocaster single-coil pickups with aged white covers
- Controls: volume, tone 1. (neck pickup), tone 2. (middle pickup)
- pickup switching: 3-position blade:
- position 1. bridge pickup
- position 2. middle pickup
- position 3. neck pickup
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized tremolo
- Machine heads: Fender/Gotoh Vintage Style tuning machines
- Hardware: chrome
- Pickguard: 3-ply white/black/white
- Scale length: 25.5"(648 mm)
- Width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Strings: Fender Super 250r, nickel-plated steel, gauges: (.010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046), p/n 073-0250-006
- Accessories: strap, cable, ashtray bridge cover
- Case: deluxe brown hardshell Fender guitar case