- Product 423533
Fender Custom Shop La Cabronita Especial Relic Single Pickup Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Collection La Cabronita Especial Electric Guitar is the ultimate in simple elegance. La Cabronita has also been called...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A limited-edition Custom Shop model that's no-frills elegant with a nasty TV Jones humbucker.
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Collection La Cabronita Especial Electric Guitar is the ultimate in simple elegance. La Cabronita has also been called the nastiest guitar Fender has ever made!
Many of the greatest tones of rock and roll, rockabilly, and country have been recorded on a solid body guitar with a single bridge pickup”like La Caronita Especial. The sonic purity delivered by a single pickup guitar is due to the absence of the second set of magnets from a second pickup. This magnetic pull influences the arc of the strings and alters the guita'rs tone. At its root, every electric guitar is first-and-foremost an acoustic instrument. With select woods and Fender Custom Shop quality, the Cabronitas Especial translates into a brilliant, colossal electrified guitar sound!
The Fender Carbronita Especial has the soul of a guitar made fifty years ago with vintage details like a 25.5" scale single-cutaway and the Telecaster body style. La Cabronita is crafted from select lightweight alder with a thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish, a one-piece quartersawn maple neck with a large "C" shaped profile, a bone nut, and a 21-fret maple fingerboard with a 9.5" radius. Hardware includes Sperzel die-cast tuning machines with white pearloid buttons and a deluxe chromed brass bridge plate with solid stainless steel saddles.
The no-frills La Cabronita Especial guitar is armed with a single TV Jones PowerTron pickup in the bridge position for a full, open, throaty humbucking bite. A Greasebucket Tone control circuit rolls off highs without adding additional bass for more precise control of your sound.
The Fender Custom Shop Relic finish adds character by simulating the natural wear and tear of years of heavy use: nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts. Only two of these unbridled rock and roll machines were produced in Fender Surf Green”for the NAMM show. Fender includes a hardshell case, strap, straplocks, cable, polishing cloth, and a custom shop Certificate of Authenticity with each La Cabronita Especial electric guitar.
- Color: Surf Green
- Style: Single cutaway Telecaster
- Body: select lightweight alder
- Neck: 1-piece maple, large "C" shape, (nitrocellulose lacquer finish)
- Fingerboard: maple, 9.5" radius (241 mm)
- No. Of frets: 21 Dunlop 6105 narrow jumbo frets
- Pickup: 1 TV Jones PowerTron (bridge)
- Controls: Volume, Greasebucket Tone control circuit (rolls off highs without adding bass)
- Pickup switching: none
- Bridge: Deluxe chromed brass bridge plate with solid stainless steel saddles Machine heads: Sperzel die-cast tuning machines with white pearloid buttons Hardware: nickel/chrome
- Pickguard 1-ply parchment
- Scale length 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at nut: 1.6875" (43 mm)
- Strings: Fender standard tension ST250r, nickel-plated steel (gauges: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046, p/n 0730250206)
- Accessories: strap, straplocks, cable, polishing cloth, Certificate of Authenticity
- Case: Deluxe black hardshell case (black crushed velvet interior)
- Unique features:
- La Cabronita Especial decal on back rear of body,
- Nocaster chrome dome knobs,
- Bone nut,
- Relic finish shows natural wear and tear of years of heavy use, nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
I buy lots of guitars, expensive ones and cheap ones. I like to hop up the cheap ones to make them sound and play expensive. This Fender was a great investment because they only made a few of them and Fender didn't know what La Cabronita means in Spanish slang. I have a feeling that this guitar will grow in value in next few years.This guitar sounds great through any amp be it giant tubes or little solid states. The neck feels broken in and plays like a fast Tele.I put 11s on and raise the action a touch to get a SRV tone and that worked. Cranking through a 50 watt HI WATT I can get a ZZ Top fell out of it.Playing through a clean Fender with a touch of reverb and it chimes.It's lightweight and I could play it all night. I would A/B it through two or three amps to get everything out of it.Great Custom Shop feel and the use of a TV Jones Power Tron pickup was genius. JJV