- Product H77030
Fender Kurt Cobain Signature Left Handed Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Kurt Cobain Jaguar® is meticulously modeled on the battered and highly unusual 1965 Jaguar that Cobain wielded during the heady early-™90s era wh...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
One of Fender's most distinctive signature models ever.
The Kurt Cobain Jaguar® is meticulously modeled on the battered and highly unusual 1965 Jaguar that Cobain wielded during the heady early-™90s era when Nirvana ruled rock and led a musically stunning and culturally subversive movement. Fender craftsmen have reproduced Cobain' battle-hardened left-handed Jaguar down to the last unusual detail, including its worn finish, dual humbucking pickups and unique electronics and controls (which were already in place when Kurt acquired the guitar in summer 1991).
Unique features include an alder body with Road Worn aged finish and hardware treatment, bound fretboard with pearloid dot markers, Stratocaster headstock shape with 1950s-style œspaghetti logo, DiMarzio® humbucking DP103 PAF 36th Anniversary neck pickup and DP100 Super Distortion bridge pickup, triple knurled œchrome-dome knob configuration (volume-volume-tone),three-position toggle switch, black chrome Adjusto-Matic„¢ bridge and Gotoh® sealed
Includes a black textured vinyl hardshell Fender case and an exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book with photos and commentary by Charles Peterson and an insightful interview with Nirvana guitar tech Earnie Bailey.
- Series: Artist
- Body Shape: Jaguar®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot Position Inlays
- Scale Length: 24" (61 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.650 (42 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rod: Original Vintage Style
- Pickups: DiMarzio® DP100 Super Distortion Humbucking Pickup (Bridge)
- DiMarzio® PAF DP-103 36th Anniversary Humbucking Pickup
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and
- Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Aux Switching: 2-Position On/Off Slide Switch for Switching Between "Lead" and
- "Rhythm" Circuits
- Controls: Lead Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Down): Volume (Neck), Volume
- (Bridge), Master Tone; Rhythm Circuit Controls (Slide Switch Up):
- Two Thumbwheel Controls for Neck Pickup Volume and Tone
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Gotoh® Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- Bridge: Adjusto-Matic„¢ Bridge with Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo
- Tailpiece and Tremolo Lock Button
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome Dome
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Tortoise Shell
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Incl. Accessories: Exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain Book featuring photography by
- Charles Peterson
- Unique Features: Stratocaster® Headstock; Volume, Volume, Tone Control
- Configuration; Toggle Pickup Selector Switch; Adjusto-Matic„¢
- Includes case
Order now and get this real-deal signature model.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender Kurt Cobain Signature Left Handed Electric Guitar:
I'm very pleased with my purchase and love to have a Jaguar with great specs and lots of aggresive bite.
This guitar is for true Nirvana/Kurt Cobain fans and should be kept in mind when purchased. The detail to make this guitar an authentic replica of Kurt's is amazing. Every last scratch, knick, and small dent is there right down to a couple of rusty screws by the bridge. The guitar finish is worn as is the hardware and it includes a very nice hardshell case. I say this guitar is strictly for Nirvana/Cobain fans because the guitar looks like it belongs in a pawn shop...it sounds brand new but don't buy this guitar thinking it just has Cobains gear specs...its meant to be an exact physical replica of his guitar. I'm very impressed with the detail that went into this guitar and I'm thrilled that Fender actually made a left handed version for musicians like myself since the original was obviously a lefty. It has great tone and a lot of bite thanks to the Super Distortion humbucker. I think the guitar was worth every penny but be aware that this guitar is beat up so its for a serious collector in my opinion.
Its meant to look used and I knew that going into the purchase. Great overall package and extremely detailed for an authentic replica.
I think the guitar is a bit pricey but if you are a Cobain fan than you won't find anything more authentic than the real thing.