- J32664 000001000 J32664000001000
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Standard HP Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Les Paul Standard 2016 HP is the utmost in luxury and performance in Gibson’s 2016 lineup, with an unprecedented set of premium and high performa...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Packed with upgrades and versatility.
The Les Paul Standard 2016 HP is the utmost in luxury and performance in Gibson’s 2016 lineup, with an unprecedented set of premium and high performance features. On top of flamboyant AAAA flamed maple top, it boasts a new and exclusive fast-access heel, developed specifically for the Gibson USA High Performance lineup, to allow unprecedented access to the high notes. Combined with our new soloist neck width, the pair provides the fastest and most comfortable Les Paul neck you’ve ever played.
Titanium metal for the saddles and the adjustable zero-fret nut delivers a bright, crisp tone, while being virtually indestructible and ensuring total, personalized control over the action. Dual Burstbucker Pro humbuckers deliver roaring Les Paul tones, while genuine mother of pearl inlays – and the most luxurious aluminum case ever made – complement the cutting-edge soul of this premium guitar.
Key High Performance features
Tuners: Next-Generation Gibson G FORCE
Switch: Sturdier, noiseless toggle switch
Bridge: Titanium saddles
Case: Luxury aluminum case
Neck: Soloist neck width
Inlays: Mother of pearl inlays
Top: AAAA figured maple
Jack: Gold plated multi contact jack
Heel: Fast-access heel
Nut: Titanium adjustable zero-fret nut
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple
- Body wood: Mahogany Weight relieved
- Body finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: SlimTaper
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Trapezoid
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Rhythm Pro
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Lead Pro
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull volume controls
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Both
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Gibson G FORCE
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Truss rod wrench and polishing cloth
- Country of origin: United States
Add some high performance to your playing. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fast access heel is a huge improvement.
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Finish is thin on small area of neck binding.
- This guitar will do it all.
Comments about Gibson 2016 Les Paul Standard HP Electric Guitar:
I picked up a Honey Burst and it is gorgeous. The maple cap is beautiful and has great figure. After reading about Gibsons recent quality control issues I looked this guitar over with a fine tooth comb when I unboxed it. I have to say it is perfect in every way with one very small exception. The finish on the neck binding (only one side in a small area) is slightly low and has a little texture. Its not noticeable when playing and very hard to spot otherwise.
I was skeptical about the robot tuners after reading many negative and positive reviews. It left me not knowing what to expect. I personally cant tune by ear too well so this was a big plus for me. So far it has worked perfectly and does exactly what its supposed to do.
What about the sound? Its all there, sounds like a classic les paul in every way. The weight relief seems to have little if any affect on sustain. It is noticeably lighter than a non weight releived LP which is welcomed. I cant say I have a lot of use for the coil splitting/tapping. It does not change the tone very much unless your playing clean. The pickups sound good but im already considering throwing in a super distortion on the bridge. I have one in my 1998 Epiphone Lp and the sound is amazing.
I was not overly excited about the new aluminum case but after seeing it im happy. Its built like a tank and even has a rubber seal to keep moisture out. The interior is very well padded and holds the guitar firm.
Not much else to say about it. I just got it today and will likely have it until I die.