- Product 517640
Gibson Custom 2012 1959 Les Paul Standard Vintage Original Spec VOS Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS Series is a painstaking re-creation of the original 1959 Les Paul. The only major change to the St...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Guitar . . . or a time machine to priceless tone?
The Gibson Custom Shop 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS Series is a painstaking re-creation of the original 1959 Les Paul. The only major change to the Standard in 1959 was the addition of wider, fatter jumbo frets which facilitated more dramatic bends. The real force of this change was not felt until the late 1960s when rock and blues players like Eric Clapton, Mike Bloomfield, and Peter Green began to discover the fat, warm voice of the '59 Standard. This moment in history marked the beginning of the idealization of the 1959 Les Paul Standard as the quintessential guitar in the minds of guitarists and collectors everywhere.
Using a combination of traditional hand craftsmanship and modern technology, the luthiers of the Custom Shop painstakingly reproduce the key elements that define cool, vintage instrument-stunning looks, flawless playability, and unsurpassed tone.
The Vintage Original Spec series has a proprietary finishing process that yields the gently aged patina of a vintage classic. Also, a revolutionary handcrafting process enhances the comfort and playability of these guitars. Solid mahogany back, historically accurate long neck tenon for superior strength and sustain, period correct neck profiles, hardware and electronics, and 100% nitrocellulose lacquer are among some of the features offered in the Gibson Custom VOS. series.
- Exact duplication of the 1959 carved top
- Elimination of the subtle gap on the pickguard and rhythm pickup
- Angle of neck pitch re-set to 1959 specs
- Exact same filler and stain as used in 1959
- Thinner lacquer replicates the 1959 Les Paul's finish and color
- The binding has been adjusted 50/1000 to duplicate the 1959 model
- Body and Hardware
- Carved figured maple top
- Solid, non-weight relieved mahogany back
- Single-ply cream binding on top
- Thin toggle switch washer and jackplate
- Aged nickel hardware
- ABR-1 bridge, lightweight aluminum stopbar tailpiece
- Neck and Headstock
- One-piece mahogany neck with long neck tenon
- 22-fret rosewood fingerboard Acrylic trapezoid inlays (accurate shape and color)
- Single-ply cream binding
- 1959 rounded neck profile
- 24-3/4 inch scale length
- 1-11/16" nut width
- Holly headstock veneer
- Vintage tulip tuners
- Electronics and Strings
- BurstBucker 1 (rhythm) and
- BurstBucker 2 (treble) pickups
- CTS pots and bumble bee capacitors
- 2 volume and 2 tone controls
- 3-way selector switch
- Vintage Reissue .010 strings
- Includes Custom Shop case, certificate of authenticity, and custom care kit.