- Product H99347
Gibson Custom Duane Allman 1959 Les Paul Aged
- Write a Review
During Duane Allman's short life and career, he created a legacy that continues to inspire generations of musicians. In the brief period of time it t...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The legacy continues in this painstaking recreation of Allman's favorite guitar.
During Duane Allman's short life and career, he created a legacy that continues to inspire generations of musicians. In the brief period of time it took him to cement his legend as one of the true greats, Duane Allman's guitar collection seemed like an ever-changing cast of Gibsons, either traded or borrowed for brief periods of time. When Gibson Custom decided to recreate his '59 Cherry Sunburst Les Paul, unprecedented time and effort was taken to extensively research its history, interviewing friends of Duane and the Allman Brothers Band as well as previous owners of the guitar. What was uncovered is a fascinating story of what is proven to be Duane's most heard guitar.
Through a very limited run of guitars capturing the precise look, feel and tone of the original, Gibson Custom presents the Duane Allman Cherry Sunburst '59 Les Paul. Based on unrestricted access to and study of the original, Gibson Custom has recreated the details of this incredible instrument with uncompomised attention to detail and the highest standards of materials and craft. In addition to the guitar, a very special package of commemorative items are included to make ownership a lifelong and memorable event for the few who will have the pleasure of calling one of them their own.
- Top: 2-piece, hand selected maple
- Back: 1-piece genuine mahogany
- Neck: 1-piece mahogany, Allman profile
- Fingerboard: 1-piece rosewood
- Inlay: Aged cellulose trapezoids
- Headstock: Holly head veneer, Pearl 'Gibson" logo with open "O" and "B"
- Tuners: Schaller double band
- Bridge: Chrome ABR-1, brass saddles
- Tailpiece: Lightweight aluminum stopbar
- Pickups: Custom Bucker Alnico 3 neck, Custom Bucker Alnico 3 bridge (slightly under-wound)
- Knobs: Gold top hats
- Finish: Double dirty lemon top, reissue red aniline dye on back and sides
- Run: 150 aged, 150 VOS
Reserve this legendary guitar while it's available. Order today.