- Product 517848
Gibson Doves in Flight Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Doves in Flight incorporates the features of the legendary Dove with some of the finest decorative work around. This limited edition showcases 28...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Designed by master luthier Ren Ferguson, it bears 28 individually engraved doves, each an original design unto itself.
The Doves in Flight incorporates the features of the legendary Dove with some of the finest decorative work around. This limited edition showcases 28 individually engraved dove inlays”seven on the headstock, 16 on the fingerboard, three on the pickguard, and two on the bridge”each with its own original design and hand cut from mother-of-pearl.
The solid Sitka spruce top and flame maple back and sides are hand-rubbed with a beautiful, lightly transparent ebony finish that enhances the artisanship of the decorative inlay. The Doves in Flight is a perfect guitar for accompanying vocals, and is easy to play with its narrow, ˜60s-style neck and 1.575 nut.
Dovetail neck-to-body joint, hand-fitted and secured with hide glue ensures unequalled resonance transfer from strings to body
Radiused body for projection and clarity
Nitrocellulose lacquer finish allows the tone to mature with age
100% American made, handcrafted in Bozeman, Montana
- Body Style: Square-shoulder
- Wood: Solid Sitka spruce top, flame maple back and sides
- Binding: Multi-ply top binding with abalone trim, multi-ply double-ring abalone rosette
- Neck: Three-piece maple with round profile and 1.575 bone nut
- Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
- Bracing: Traditional scalloped x-bracing
- Fingerboard: 12 radius bound rosewood with mother-of-pearl doves
- Scale: 25-1/2
- Bridge: Traditional rosewood dove with mother-of-pearl dove inlay
- Tuning Machines: Gold Grover Keystones, hand engraved
- Strings: Gibson light gauge, .012 - .053
- Finish: TransEbony, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Black hardshell case included
Take flight with this gorgeous guitar. Order today!