- Product K35709
Gibson Les Paul Standard HP 2018 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Les Paul Standard HP retains popular features, including comfortable asymmetrical SlimTaper neck profile, while enhancing the experience with upg...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Next generation of looks, tone and playability.
The Les Paul Standard HP retains popular features, including comfortable asymmetrical SlimTaper neck profile, while enhancing the experience with upgraded takes on the hallowed PAF humbucking pickups and a AAA+ figured maple top with high-end appointments.
The HP model delivers cutting-edge innovations for the forward-looking player including next-gen G FORCE tuners, Ultra-Modern weight relief with belly scarf, fast-access heel, soloist neck width, and titanium adjustable zero-fret nut and saddles. Exceptional sonic tonal variety provided by 4 push-pull pots with DIP switch for over 150 reversible instant rewiring options. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: AAA+ figured maple
- Body wood: Ultra-modern weight relieved mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Asymmetrical SlimTaper
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.75 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 12 in.
- Fret size: Low-Cryogenically Treated
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Pearl trapezoid
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm) Titanium (adjustable)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Rhythm Pro
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Lead Pro +
- Brand: Gibson
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull knobs, dip switch
- Control layout: Master volume, volume 1, volume 2, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way aviation grade
- Coil tap or split: Yes
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic with Titanium Saddles
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: Gibson G-FORCE
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Body finish, Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Make 2018 the year of your new Gibson. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
Comments about Gibson Les Paul Standard HP 2018 Electric Guitar:
Wow! The Les Paul I always waited for. If you are a traditional Les Paul snob, do not bother to read further and get a Les Paul Traditional. It seems that Gibson is really listing to it's customers. This has the best features I love from some other brands all in one. It blows my PRS guitars away. I already sold one and have no need to get another.
The neck is fantastic with the Asymmetrical taper. I usually like a chunky neck, but this plays great. It still feels solid, but is very fast. It just fits my hand well. The compound radius works good and the frets are smooth. The taper at the heal allows access to the upper frets. It is much better than the PRS block that always gets in the way, but still has sustain for days. Some people do not like the G-Force tuners, but they work. It you don't, replace them because the guitar is worth it.
There are too many combinations to list with the 4 push pull pots and the DIP switches. I set mine up with a split on the neck, a tap on the bridge and the High Bypass filter on both. The bypass filter really shines at low volumes. The pots say CTS and are smooth and they even include quick connect adapters if you want to change pickups. I love these, so will never use them. They variety of sounds you can get out of this is amazing.
The finish is flawless and much nicer than my PRS guitars. I play a lot sitting down, so the lack of a belly carve is what always kept me from playing a Les Paul, but no more. I cannot see why it is not on all of the Les Pauls, since it does not affect the sound that I can tell but keeps it from digging into your ribs. It does not hug your body like a strat, but nothing does and I like it. This Les Paul and my strat is all I need. The case is built like a tank and will protect my investment well. Gibson, you hit a home run with this one!